Topic: Using iRedMail ldap to authenticate computers and services

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.83
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.05
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I want to thank you for this product. It is very good and the integrations too.

I have one question - is it possible and how to use the freshly installed iRedMail with ldap like AD service, to join computers in domain, central authentication, authenticate servers and services.

The idea is to use the system not only as a mail service, but as an active directory service, without loosing the mail server/services features.

Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Using iRedMail ldap to authenticate computers and services

OpenLDAP is not an AD alternative, you cannot join computers in domain, except you setup Samba 4.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

OpenLDAP is not an AD alternative, you cannot join computers in domain, except you setup Samba 4.

Hi, 

I know that. Let say that i add Sama4 to the iRedMail setup. What else will be needed to make the iRedMail + LDAP + SAMBA central authentication point for users and to be able to join the computers/servers/services and make it AD alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Samba requires some LDAP objectclass and attributes, after you add a mail user, you must add addition required attributes for Samba.