- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: -
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -
====

let the super-admin decide what rights the domain-admin has:
1. right to see the send/receive logs
2. right to change users greylisting/pop3/imap/advanced stuff/... config
3. rights to change different things of the domain

comments:
1. domainadmins might no have the right to see whom his boss is mailing etc. of course if he wants to see he could just bcc himself or such things. but maybe this could be an option also.
2. not all customers of us pay for imap (diskspace) so we just give them pop3. of course they could config their clients to keep messages on the server, but this wont get such big boxes like when having imap-folders...

and a general note to usability:
please let the domainname in the domain-list be the same link as the cogwheel-icon

thanx for your great product and looking forward
cheers.ivo

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by toastbrot 2013-01-29 00:12:45)

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro: manage domain-admins rights

addition to my note to usability, here what i changed... as far as i see this has no side-effects, but i think its easier for novice end-users of iredadmin.

vi templates/default/mysql/domain/list.html
  {{ domain }}
 replace above line with:
  <a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/domain/general/{{ domain }}">{{ domain }}</a>
---

vi templates/default/mysql/user/list.html
   {{ r.name |cutString |e }}
   {{ r.username.split('@', 1)[0] }}
  replace above lines with:
   <a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/user/general/{{username}}">{{ r.name |cutString |e }}</a>
   <a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/user/general/{{username}}">{{ r.username.split('@', 1)[0] }}</a>
---

vi templates/default/mysql/alias/list.html
  {% if name %}{{ name |cutString |e }}{% else %}{{ address.split('@', 1)[0] }}{% endif %}
 replace above line with:
  {% if name %}
        <a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/alias/general/{{address}}">{{ name |cutString |e }}</a>
  {% else %}
        <a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/alias/general/{{address}}">{{ address.split('@', 1)[0] }}</a>
  {% endif %}
--- 

btw: we might possibly write a short domain-admin manual. i dont know if we can provide it or not, but it will be german and french for sure. if you are interested let me know...

cheers.ivo

toastbrot wrote:

let the super-admin decide what rights the domain-admin has:
1. right to see the send/receive logs
2. right to change users greylisting/pop3/imap/advanced stuff/... config
3. rights to change different things of the domain

On my TODO list, but not high priority. sorry.

toastbrot wrote:

1. domainadmins might no have the right to see whom his boss is mailing etc. of course if he wants to see he could just bcc himself or such things. but maybe this could be an option also.

Do you mean we cannot log basic info of Sent/Received mail in iRedAdmin-Pro? If so, you can disable it in Amavisd config file (comment out @storage_sql_dsn).

toastbrot wrote:

2. not all customers of us pay for imap (diskspace) so we just give them pop3. of course they could config their clients to keep messages on the server, but this wont get such big boxes like when having imap-folders...

You can disable per-user IMAP service with iRedAdmin-Pro. But if you don't want to provide IMAP service, how about disable external access with firewall (e.g. iptables) directly?

toastbrot wrote:

please let the domainname in the domain-list be the same link as the cogwheel-icon

Will be available in next release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
toastbrot wrote:

You can disable per-user IMAP service with iRedAdmin-Pro. But if you don't want to provide IMAP service, how about disable external access with firewall (e.g. iptables) directly?

our problem we face is also this:
- we set up a domain-admin for each customer. so he can handle his own mailboxes and things for his domain
- currently such a domain-admin can change configs, where i'm not so sure if we want to give them these features. some of them are pretty noobs. so this might be dangerous. or its a business decision not to give them all features (ex: activate imap for its users by themselves)
from this background i think the possiblity to reduce/activate features for domain-admins might be reasonable. so we can as super-user (i dont know how you call it. postmaster?) decide which domain-admin has which features. some i wouldn't give our customers at all: whole bcc menu, password-length, relay settings, whole user-advanced menu. means i would turn those uff and if they want to do such things, they need to get in contact with our support that guarantees nothing bad happens and does the settings for the customer.

this is not urgent at all, but its just a field of improvement i've recognized. and as i love your product i thought i let you know...

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
toastbrot wrote:

Will be available in next release.

btw: i missed the search-result view...
thanx.

btw: did i mention i'm really happy with your product and your support is simply amazing! thanx!

toastbrot wrote:

this is not urgent at all, but its just a field of improvement i've recognized. and as i love your product i thought i let you know...

I will achieve it in future release, thanks for your feedback. smile

toastbrot wrote:

btw: i missed the search-result view...

Sorry, what do you mean "search-result view"? sad

toastbrot wrote:

btw: did i mention i'm really happy with your product and your support is simply amazing! thanx!

Thanks for letting me know, enjoy. smile