Topic: Time on iRedMail server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Cipriano from Philippines again I a problem in one of my installation the TIME is not accurate it is 8 hours late once they receiver the email from their client.

I check the time using the date command and it is syncronise with our time here is Asia/Manila Philippines anything script that I need to edit for this matter

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Time on iRedMail server

Maybe a client issue. Can you check its mail header to see which mail clients he/she used to compose email?

*) Email clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) should write a international timestamp in email header. For example: "Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:47:22 +0100", "Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 21:10:37 +0800".

*) MTA (Postfix, etc) will log timestamp when it received this email in mail header, starts with "Received: from xxx". Email clients doesn't use this mail header.

They notice it on the webmail roundcube, also and yes the client is using outlook...

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Maybe a client issue. Can you check its mail header to see which mail clients he/she used to compose email?

*) Email clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) should write a international timestamp in email header. For example: "Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:47:22 +0100", "Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 21:10:37 +0800".

*) MTA (Postfix, etc) will log timestamp when it received this email in mail header, starts with "Received: from xxx". Email clients doesn't use this mail header.

Does your user set a proper timezone in Roundcube?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does your user set a proper timezone in Roundcube?

Oh not yet my client has 300 users and it will be hard for me configure each webmail account is their a main configuration that I can modify instead of doing it one by one?

Thank for the reply I already migrated most of my users to your iRedMail 4 already including my company mail system...

*) You can set a default one in /var/www/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php (search "timezone" in this file), then new users will use this as their default timezone.

*) For existing users, you have to either ask them to modify it in Roundcube webmail, or you update it in roundcube SQL database.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) You can set a default one in /var/www/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php (search "timezone" in this file), then new users will use this as their default timezone.

*) For existing users, you have to either ask them to modify it in Roundcube webmail, or you update it in roundcube SQL database.

Thanks again...