1 (edited by nwohiobb 2013-04-04 22:55:07)

Topic: Cant telnet or connect to mail server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.2.1 v 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I can not telnet into ports 110/25 and the firewall as been stop and then I get this error when try to send out:

http://i50.tinypic.com/34g5zcn.jpg

I need ports 110/25 to be open inside of iredmail.

here is the logs I see in /var/log/mail.log:
Apr  4 08:38:45 mail postfix/master[1525]: daemon started -- version 2.9.6, configuration /etc/postfix
Apr  4 08:42:09 mail postfix/smtpd[1762]: connect from unknown[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]
Apr  4 08:42:09 mail postfix/smtpd[1762]: lost connection after EHLO from unknown[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]
Apr  4 08:42:09 mail postfix/smtpd[1762]: disconnect from unknown[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]
Apr  4 08:44:16 mail postfix/smtpd[1777]: connect from unknown[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]
Apr  4 08:44:16 mail postfix/smtpd[1777]: lost connection after EHLO from unknown[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]
Apr  4 08:44:16 mail postfix/smtpd[1777]: disconnect from unknown[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]

Also how do you turn off greylisting?

Now I am getting this error: Sender address rejected: Domain not found

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cant telnet or connect to mail server

Is support going to help with this issue?

I want port 110/25 enabled instead of using SSL/TLS setup also how do I turn off that stupid greylisting?

nwohiobb wrote:

4 (edited by Albux 2013-04-05 04:40:06)

nwohiobb wrote:

I want port 110/25 enabled instead of using SSL/TLS setup also how do I turn off that stupid greylisting?

nwohiobb wrote:

Note that my installation is CentOS 6.4... so paths may differ for Ubuntu 12.04

1) Greylist: edit /etc/policyd.conf and set GREYLISTING=0 instead of 1
(it should be /etc/policyd/policyd.conf on Ubuntu ?)

2) turn off mandatory Dovecot SSL: edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and modify the lines as follows:
from 'ssl=required' and 'disable_plaintext_auth = yes' to:

ssl = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no

3) turn off SMTP mandatory encryption: edit /etc/postfix/master.cf and towards the bottom of the file comment the line in the submission section:

-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt

Hope it helps smile

5 (edited by nwohiobb 2013-04-05 05:54:42)

I dont see greylist anywhere what you said but still cant telnet into my mail server.

Albux wrote:
nwohiobb wrote:

nwohiobb wrote:

Note that my installation is CentOS 6.4... so paths may differ for Ubuntu 12.04

1) Greylist: edit /etc/policyd.conf and set GREYLISTING=0 instead of 1
(it should be /etc/policyd/policyd.conf on Ubuntu ?)

2) turn off mandatory Dovecot SSL: edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and modify the lines as follows:
from 'ssl=required' and 'disable_plaintext_auth = yes' to:

ssl = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no

3) turn off SMTP mandatory encryption: edit /etc/postfix/master.cf and towards the bottom of the file comment the line in the submission section:

-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt

Hope it helps smile

I still cant telnet into my ports of 110 and 25 but I was able to get greylisting off by doing this apt-get autoremove postfix-cluebringer from the system then restart the server.

nwohiobb wrote:

I still cant telnet into my ports of 110 and 25 but I was able to get greylisting off by doing this apt-get autoremove postfix-cluebringer from the system then restart the server.

I think you are definetely mixing things...
Greylist is a feature of policyd (on Ubuntu I think it's cluebringer) and it has absolutely nothing to do with the SSL/noSSL ports.
It's purpose is to temporarily refuse messages (for a few minutes) who haven't been authenticated by the triplet IP/sender/recipient.
It's a very good antispam measure, as trusted and real mail servers will resend the message after a few minutes, as spammers won't (spam is in majority sent by botnets -different IPs- and/or softwares who won't bother resend a message after a refusal).

For the ports problems you should follow my points 2 and 3. I repeat, this has nothing to do with greylist.

PS: I don't know if it's a good idea to remove policyd/cluebringer... I think that postfix expects to find the filter, and I'm not sure that things will run smoothly if it won't find it at all...