Topic: Shadow Address Verification

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi

I first raised the issue in http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic4565 … iance.html but i thought that i might not get an adequate response as it is in the wrong section.

Essentially, I have tested iRedMail with the demo (for pro).

When I add a shadow address to an account (edit a user, click alias NOT click the add menu and choose alias) I am able to add an already existing address (either a mailbox address or a shadow address assigned to another mailbox).

Is there any way that it could verify if it can verify that the address is not already in use, notify you that it already exists and not add the address?

This is one of the things it will need to do before we can purchase the console.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Shadow Address Verification

skalra63 wrote:

When I add a shadow address to an account (edit a user, click alias NOT click the add menu and choose alias) I am able to add an already existing address (either a mailbox address or a shadow address assigned to another mailbox).

It must be a bug. I will try to reproduce this issue and fix it later, will let you know the result.
Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

Hi skalra63,

I fixed this bug, and attachment is the patch for iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0. You can apply it with below steps:

1) Download attached patch, upload it to your server which has iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0 running. Assume uploaded file is
/root/user_alias.patch.

2) Change working directory to the root directory of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0. For example:

# cd /var/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0/

3) Verify the patch with command 'patch --dry-run -p1':

# patch --dry-run -p1 < /root/user_alias.patch
patching file libs/ldaplib/user.py

4) If you got the SAME output message, it's safe to apply it without '--dry-run' immediately:

# patch -p1 < /root/user_alias.patch

5) Restart Apache web server to reload patched file.

That's all. Let me know whether it works for you or not.

Post's attachments

user_alias.patch 2.97 kb, 2 downloads since 2013-04-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks, would you be able to put it on to the demo site?

We do not have iremail pro yet but if this works, i cant see any reason why we wouldnt be purchasing it.

Also the support seems to be great

Thanks for your remind, patched on demo site. smile