- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,
I have server with three IP address and every IP has got different domain.

So, for example we have:
- 123.45.67.11 -> aaaa.com
- 123.45.67.22 -> bbbb.com
- 123.45.67.33 -> cccc.com

Problem is that no matter from which domain mail is sent, in mail source header there is information that it was send from cccc.com.

Why is that? How can I change it? Could that be a reason that from some email servers i get information that my mails are classified as SPAM?

Thank you,
ag

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: One server, 3 ip and domains

ag wrote:

Problem is that no matter from which domain mail is sent, in mail source header there is information that it was send from cccc.com.
Why is that? How can I change it?

*) Postfix chose 123.45.67.33 for outgoing emails.
*) It should be fine if you have correct SPF DNS record for those 3 domains (allow emails sent from 123.45.67.33). If destination mail server doesn't check SPF, no SPF record is fine too. But it's recommended to add it.
*) If you want to use proper IP address for outgoing emails for each domain, try this:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post16703.html#p16703

3 (edited by ag 2015-09-01 20:36:46)

I know that this is old thread but I still have a problem with multiple IP. I've tried using this tutotial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/send.out.e … esses.html

I have postfix 2.7.1

But when I made all changes I cant send email at all I've received SMTP error.

1, "sample-smtp:" this should stay or have to be changed? How will it call with another domain?
2, "sample-smtp     unix -       -       n       -       -       smtp" spaces/tab does matter? or it could be one space?

3, How should look SPF DNS record for my example if I would like to stay with 3 domains sending from one IP?
Like this:
aaaa.com. TXT v=spf1 ip4:123.45.67.11 a:cccc.com -all
bbbb.com. TXT v=spf1 ip4:123.45.67.22 a:cccc.com -all
cccc.com. TXT v=spf1 ip4:123.45.67.33 a:cccc.com -all

Show us:

*) what you did/changed
*) what's the smtp error?

OK, smtp errors are gonne I've had syntax error of the sample-smtp in master.cf

I think I have it. When I send email to my gmail.com account in header I get spf=pass, dkim=pass and also domain IP is in the header of the e-mail. Which tool do you recommend for testing? Do you use DMARK?

One more thing, I have couple of domains where 1 IP = 1 domain but I have one IP for other domains (less valuable) and couple of them have ability to send emails. What should I do to have them all under one IP?

ag wrote:

One more thing, I have couple of domains where 1 IP = 1 domain but I have one IP for other domains (less valuable) and couple of them have ability to send emails. What should I do to have them all under one IP?

Run Postfix with this less valuable IP address by setting 'smtp_bind_address=xx.xx.xx.xx' in main.cf.

I don't have this parameter in my main.cf so I need to create it anywhere in the file?

Also I've noticed that hotmail.com show's spf=temperror and dkim=temperror but with gmail.com it's ok, why is that? Is there any propagation time for this two?

Another thing in header at hotmail.com I have:

Received: from mydomain.com ([11.222.33.444])
Received: from localhost (my.server.name.com [127.0.0.1])

Why is it saying "from localhost"?