1 (edited by tikejhya 2013-05-25 17:49:59)

Topic: encrypted password

We recently moved our mail server to iredmail, however, i am not being able to get done with encrypted password on thrunderbird.

imap-login: Info: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<something@example.com>, method=CRAM-MD5, rip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx, lip=xxx.xxx.xx.xx, TLS

while my search, i saw auth mechanism needed to be set on /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf to be PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 to accept those but i still seem to get those error ,

Is there any solution for this, any suggestion?

Regards
Tikejhya

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: encrypted password

*) Please try on debug mode in Dovecot (dovecot.conf) to see detailed log, paste here so that others can help troubleshoot.
*) Could you please show us a sample password stored in iRedMail SQL server? Do you prepend "{CRAM-MD5}" in password? Reference: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Please try on debug mode in Dovecot (dovecot.conf) to see detailed log, paste here so that others can help troubleshoot.
*) Could you please show us a sample password stored in iRedMail SQL server? Do you prepend "{CRAM-MD5}" in password? Reference: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes

thanks for clue,
checking log i found that cram-md5 was not type of password, it was crypt, i created cram-md5 and tested it works.

However is there any easier way to prepend whlie creating user?
i dont want to change all password to cram-md5 but i want to change it to be by default while creating new users.

tikejhya wrote:

However is there any easier way to prepend whlie creating user?

How do you create user? Prepending a string should be easy enough.

i use iredadmin/postfixadmin to create user.
"doveadm pw" gives me string, which worked after inserting into db.