1 (edited by berni 2013-06-02 19:25:41)

Topic: Slow loading roundcube mail login

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.4.tar
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.2 32bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: No error
====

hai Zhang, excuse me i want to ask about my iredmail server that i deployed approximately 2 weeks ago
i use the ldap backend.

1. At first instalation i use the domain name "mail.example.net", then a week later my manager force me to change to domain name to "mail.example.co.id". the mail server did the full service well at the first week. (at least 10 users in mail.example.co.id)
but after 2 weeks when i add all of employee of my company (about 50) and a few of maillist group, if we access the main login of roundcube (https://mail.example.co.id) it very slow. i use wireshark to watch the traffic, i am surprised that it showed 0.5 MB/s for 11 second in my laptop to access the roundcube login page. i am sorry i dont have the screen shot at the first time where mail server was deployed. but i can feel the differences between first week and 2 week. but except the http (mail), i use webmin, iredadmin, awstats etc, the traffic was normal, not slowing. is there any problem with my server or my server have attacked by virus or somethingelse ?? (i did check the var/log/maillog no errors, no spam)
Or did the ldap backend require much more greater server specification as the number of user raises ??
if i have login in to mail account everything loaded normally (loading time)

2. where is the location of mail queue and the blocked incoming mail (both detected spam and quarantine) ?? i think i need to clear that incoming mail. if the spam arrives to the users mail than so be it. its ok. i just wonder where is the destination inbox (temporary inbox maybe) except to the users inbox ??

3. how can i maintain to maintenance my iredmail mailserver ?? like antivirus, control and protecting from open relay

here is my specification of server :
Operating system    CentOS Linux 6.2
Webmin version    1.620
Time on system    Sun Jun 2 17:51:54 2013
Kernel and CPU    Linux 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 on i686
Processor information    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, 2 cores
CPU load averages    0.00 (1 min) 0.10 (5 mins) 0.13 (15 mins)
CPU usage    0% user, 0% kernel, 0% IO, 100% idle
Real memory    1006.53 MB total, 477.55 MB used
Virtual memory    1.97 GB total, 0 bytes used
Local disk space    144.77 GB total, 10.46 GB used

thanks. you did great job developing the iredmail.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Slow loading roundcube mail login

Hi berni.

berni wrote:

1. ... i use wireshark to watch the traffic, i am surprised that it showed 0.5 MB/s for 11 second ... is there any problem with my server or my server have attacked by virus or somethingelse ?? (i did check the var/log/maillog no errors, no spam)
Or did the ldap backend require much more greater server specification as the number of user raises ??
if i have login in to mail account everything loaded normally (loading time)

*) So, it happens on Roundcube webmail Login page, right? Did you try (HTML) source code of Roundcube Login page? any difference/strange/weird?

*) There's no difference with either backend (OpenLDAP, MySQL, PostgreSQL). Roundcube is a standalone web application.

berni wrote:

2. where is the location of mail queue and the blocked incoming mail (both detected spam and quarantine) ?? i think i need to clear that incoming mail. if the spam arrives to the users mail than so be it. its ok. i just wonder where is the destination inbox (temporary inbox maybe) except to the users inbox ??

*) Postfix mail queue is /var/spool/postfix/ by default. WARNING: It's not recommended to manage files under Postfix mail queue manually (rm, cp, etc), please use Postfix built-in tools instead (postqueue, postsuper, etc).

*) If you config Amavisd to quarantine SPAM/VIRUS, it will be quarantined to file system (/var/spool/amavisd/, on RHEL/CentOS) by default. But if you configure to quarantine them to SQL database by following our wiki tutorial, it will be quarantined to SQL db instead, you can manage quarantined emails with iRedAdmin-Pro.

Reference: http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … ining.SPAM

berni wrote:

3. how can i maintain to maintenance my iredmail mailserver ?? like antivirus, control and protecting from open relay

*) For anti-virus, please just keep "freshclam" daemon running. You can find script under /etc/init.d/.
*) iRedMail is not an open relay by default.

Re: Slow loading roundcube mail login

Also as a hint - as you changed the hostname, this could also be a resolving issue. Do you have your new hostname resolvable via DNS? Or correctly spelled in /etc/hosts?