Topic: IredAPD Issues with access policy

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Zhang,

Access policy is not working as expected. I have created a mailing list & marked only moderators  can send email. Added a domain gmail.com in the moderators list when i try sending mails from yahoo.com  it should reject but its not happening.

I  see that there is a problem with mailing list alias name. While create a  mailing list my ldiff file is

dn: mail=test@mail.xxxx.in,ou=Groups,domainName=mail.xxxx.in,o=domains,dc=xxx,dc=com
accessPolicy: allowedOnly
accountStatus: active
cn:: VEFLRTEwIE1BSUxJTkcgTElTVFMg
enabledService: mail
enabledService: deliver
mail: test@mail.xxxx.in
objectClass: mailList

When i add an attribute called shadow address via backend phpldapadmin it works as expected.

shadowAddress: test@xxxx.in

Do i need to add shadowAddress everytime i create a mailing list manually via phpldapadmin?

Thanks
Soundarajan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IredAPD Issues with access policy

*) You sent email from Yahoo! to which email address? @mail.xxx.in, or @xxx.in? If you sent to @mail.xxx.in, it should work as expected.

*) shadowAddress is used to store user alias address. If you sent to @xxx.in (instead of @mail.xxx.in), you will need this attribute.

If you have domain xxx.in as an alias domain of domain "mail.xxx.in", iRedAdmin-Pro should add proper value for attribute "shadowAddress" for you automatically.

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for quick reply

My domain name is mail.xxx.in & alias name is XXX.in. ShadowAddress attribute is not added automatically when i create a new mailing list. I am adding it in the backend using phpldapadmin

Thanks

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) You sent email from Yahoo! to which email address? @mail.xxx.in, or @xxx.in? If you sent to @mail.xxx.in, it should work as expected.

*) shadowAddress is used to store user alias address. If you sent to @xxx.in (instead of @mail.xxx.in), you will need this attribute.

If you have domain xxx.in as an alias domain of domain "mail.xxx.in", iRedAdmin-Pro should add proper value for attribute "shadowAddress" for you automatically.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Forgot my first question?

Hi Zhang,

if I sent an email to mail.xxx.in its works. But if i sent mail to alias name its not @xxx.in

Should i add shadowAddress attribute manually?

Thanks

soundarajan wrote:

iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0 will add "shadowAddress" automatically, no idea why it doesn't work for you. is it a final release version, or a development version before it was final released (announced)?

Hi Zhang,

Its a final release version you have provided.

Thanks

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
soundarajan wrote:

iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0 will add "shadowAddress" automatically, no idea why it doesn't work for you. is it a final release version, or a development version before it was final released (announced)?