Topic: ip rotation

Hello ,
I have small question with iRedMail with Postfix,
I have 64 public IP's with daily email sending over 50,000+ from All domains. How to configure server ip rotation every 60 sec with all IP's
Pls help me get it done this
Thanks in advance

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (MySQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ip rotation

Hi, with the smtp_bind_address=10.0.0.1 option, you can force postfix to use address 10.0.0.1 for outgoing SMTP... so periodical update of master.cf should do what you want...
But I would better not do it like this. Is there some particular problem you're trying to fix with this setup?

3 (edited by luizamorim 2013-06-16 19:46:06)

thanks for help. just install the solution however I need to make sure it will meet my need. I need to rotate the ip of sending each time period. I do not know if he does this or if it requires some configuration. of how often the IP is changed? exchange is automatic? I can choose how often?

It's just config option, you need to create a script which will modify this option as often as you need.

Can you tell us what is your motivation? Why do you need to change the IP?

camel1cz wrote:

It's just config option, you need to create a script which will modify this option as often as you need.

Can you tell us what is your motivation? Why do you need to change the IP?

Thanks for the reply,

I would like this option because as my server sends many emails per hour higher the amount of ips using less will be the chance of having problems. you know someone who could create this script?

Aha... so better would be to create as many transports as you have the IPs you want to balance... and then write simple script to randomly select one of the defined transports...

General description of this method is eg here: http://marinovl.blogspot.cz/2012/09/pos … mails.html

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately I have no technical knowledge to do this, you know someone who could create this script?

camel1cz wrote:

Aha... so better would be to create as many transports as you have the IPs you want to balance... and then write simple script to randomly select one of the defined transports...

General description of this method is eg here: http://marinovl.blogspot.cz/2012/09/pos … mails.html

If you have testing box you can try it by yourself and I'll try to help... or you should hire someone in your neighbourhood to do it for you...

Your help will be greatly appreciated

I have a vps where we could test, I'll install Iredmail and give you root access to the machine.

camel1cz wrote:

If you have testing box you can try it by yourself and I'll try to help... or you should hire someone in your neighbourhood to do it for you...