Topic: status=deferred (temporary failure) using ldap and 2 virtuals domains

Hi Zhang;

First, here is the configuration of my servers:
A central ldap server (ldap iredmail) manages two domains : domain.tld and zz.domain.tld.
An e-mail server (iredmail) manage  domain.tld and connected to remote server ldap
An e-mail server (iredmail) manage zz.domain.tld and connected to remote server ldap

I can send emails from these two mail servers to gmail, yahoo, etc. ..

But when I send an email from domain.tld zz.domain.tld  or from zz.domain.tld to domain.tld , I get the following error:

status = deferred (temporary failure) in the mail.log file

So i can't send emails between the  twho  mail serveurs

Please help me because the 2 servers are on line.

Thank's for help

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: status=deferred (temporary failure) using ldap and 2 virtuals domains

mekerri wrote:

What's the error message in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/sieve.log)?

Hi Zgang,
The error appears in the file /var/log/mail.log

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mekerri wrote:

What's the error message in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/sieve.log)?

mekerri wrote:

I know, you mentioned this in your first post. But what's the related error message in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/sieve.log)?

Hi Zhang;
I send email from server 1 to server 2 and there is an error appeers in /var/log/sieve.log

Error: user user1@zz.domaine.tld: Initialization failed: Namespace '': mkdir(/home/vmail1/user1/Maildir) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +w perm: /home, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)
Jul 01 19:54:17 lda(user1@zz.domain.tld): Fatal: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.

Thank's

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mekerri wrote:

I know, you mentioned this in your first post. But what's the related error message in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/sieve.log)?

mekerri wrote:

Error: user user1@zz.domaine.tld: Initialization failed: Namespace '': mkdir(/home/vmail1/user1/Maildir) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +w perm: /home, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)

Looks like "user1" is a system account (like "root", "nobody", etc) and "zz.domaine.tld" is your server hostname, right? You should create an alias entry in /etc/postfix/aliases to forward emails sent to this system user to a valid mail address, or create a virtual mail user with iRedAdmin directly.

Hi Zhang,
You suggest to reate an alias for this user? I have over 8000 users on this server ...

Thank's for the help

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mekerri wrote:

Looks like "user1" is a system account (like "root", "nobody", etc) and "zz.domaine.tld" is your server hostname, right? You should create an alias entry in /etc/postfix/aliases to forward emails sent to this system user to a valid mail address, or create a virtual mail user with iRedAdmin directly.

8000 system users?

8000 users in remote ldap,
i solved the problem by keeping one server mail for both domains and it's works.
Thank's

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

8000 system users?