Topic: Domain admin bug

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

We're getting some strange activity with editing as a global admin, on domain admin accounts. It seems to be random, however, as a global admin editing a domain admins parameters, sometimes when you save the new setting for the domain admin, and the domain admin proceeds to log into his domain admin page, he has no view of anything in his domain.

Ie the domain admin only has the iredadmin panel, but can't see any domains or users.

The fix is rather simple, you just log back into the iredadmin panel as global admin and simply resavesettings for that domain user and it show up find to the domain admin again.

Is this behavior attributed to anything in specific config wise? I'd post logs but I'm not exactly sure what to grep through. Not to mention the logs are streaming excessively fast due to the server being very busy.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain admin bug

Hi amora,

Sorry about this trouble.

amora wrote:

as a global admin editing a domain admins parameters, sometimes when you save the new setting for the domain admin, and the domain admin proceeds to log into his domain admin page, he has no view of anything in his domain.

Do you mean, login as a global admin, e.g. 'global@', then edit its own profile? Or edit other domain admin's profile? Does it redirect to a random domain admin profile page?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi amora,

Sorry about this trouble.

amora wrote:

as a global admin editing a domain admins parameters, sometimes when you save the new setting for the domain admin, and the domain admin proceeds to log into his domain admin page, he has no view of anything in his domain.

Do you mean, login as a global admin, e.g. 'global@', then edit its own profile? Or edit other domain admin's profile? Does it redirect to a random domain admin profile page?

I'm referring to the latter. Our staff account are flagged as global admins.
Our clients are restricted to domain admin privileges.

Keep in mind the behavior does only seem sporadic and seemingly random, but we ran into it at least 3-4 times today. In one instance we changed a domains quota size(as a global admin) for a client who happens to be the postmaster of his domain. we informed the client we made the change for him, he then proceeded to log into iredadmin with his postmaster account only to be greeted with no view of anything but an unpopulated iredadmin page, as if no domain or users existed for the domain.

Again, simply logging in with our global admin accounts and resaving the domains setting fixed it right away.
I'm not receiving any reports of redirecting to random pages.

I was just poking around to see if anyone else has experienced the similar oddities. I'm partly suspicious of the load on the busy server but that's me merely speculating at the moment.

Still no idea why it happened, sorry.
Is your server under heave load?