Topic: Err msg in log file, sharing folders, renaming server, multiple vhosts

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: /var/www/roundcubemail/logs/errors
====

[03-Jul-2013 00:58:37 +0000]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: no such field Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: UPDATE users SET  password='PXt9Ly2/ZaqoirbDh91xcalFSbbXy9SD'  WHERE user_id='3';] [Native code: 1054] [Native message: Unknown column 'password' in 'field list']  in /var/www/roundcubemail/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 727 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)

Hello,

first off, thanks for this great product!

we used to run iRedMail (Pro) with MySQL but decided to change to LDAP. After plenty adjustments it is running fine now, except the above error message which appears in the log file every time a user logs in. How/where to fix that?

One other problem we experience is folder sharing doesn't work reliably. For one user it works, for the other not: How can I troubleshoot that problem? (have checked .../plugins/acl/...)

Since at setup I used the internal host name "mail.mydomain.lan" I would like to rename it to the official name "mail.mydomain.com". At which other places except the operating system do I have to change anything? Postfix? Anywhere else?

Lastly we intend to host several domains on the same server. How can I get rid of the certificate warning in RoundCube when using SSL? Is it possible with vhosts and one IP at all?

Thank you very much for your assistance in advance!

Best regards,

Volker

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Err msg in log file, sharing folders, renaming server, multiple vhosts

Volker wrote:

[03-Jul-2013 00:58:37 +0000]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: no such field Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: UPDATE users SET  password='PXt9Ly2/ZaqoirbDh91xcalFSbbXy9SD'  WHERE user_id='3';] [Native code: 1054] [Native message: Unknown column 'password' in 'field list']  in /var/www/roundcubemail/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 727 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)

After plenty adjustments it is running fine now, except the above error message which appears in the log file every time a user logs in. How/where to fix that?

Does it occur while user login, or changing password?
iRedMail stores mail accounts in "vmail.mailbox", not "xxx.users". And the Roundcube password plugin should be configured correctly to change password.

Did you upgrade Roundcube from an old version, or from scratch?

Volker wrote:

One other problem we experience is folder sharing doesn't work reliably. For one user it works, for the other not: How can I troubleshoot that problem? (have checked .../plugins/acl/...)

You have to enable debug mode in Dovecot first, then try to reproduce the same issue, monitor Dovecot log files to figure it out.

Volker wrote:

Since at setup I used the internal host name "mail.mydomain.lan" I would like to rename it to the official name "mail.mydomain.com". At which other places except the operating system do I have to change anything? Postfix? Anywhere else?

* Postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf
* Dovecot config file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.
* Amavisd config file /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf
* /etc/hosts and /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts. You can change /etc/hosts first, then simply copy it to /var/spool/postfix/etc/. They must be the same.

Volker wrote:

Lastly we intend to host several domains on the same server. How can I get rid of the certificate warning in RoundCube when using SSL? Is it possible with vhosts and one IP at all?

* Buy a SSL certificate from a trusted SSL provider.
* Yes, one SSL certificate for all hosted mail domains.

Great, thank you very much for your reply ZhangHuangbin. I will take a look tonight and report back as soon as I know more. Have a great day!

1. I didn't get to fix this issue yet. The error msg is being logged when a user logs in. Where should I start searching for the problem?

2. Your hint was exactly right: I enabled dovecot debug mode and figured out dovecot wasn't loading acl plugin properly. Fixing that issue fixed the whole problem.

3. Thanks to your info I was able to get the whole server renamed.

4. I got the free cert from startssl.com, which does the job very well. Would it be possible to assign one free cert to each vhost, so the users could connect to their own domains?

Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Volker wrote:

1. I didn't get to fix this issue yet. The error msg is being logged when a user logs in. Where should I start searching for the problem?

Sorry, which issue?

Volker wrote:

4. ... Would it be possible to assign one free cert to each vhost, so the users could connect to their own domains?

You can do this in Dovecot-2, but not Postfix (except running multiple Postfix instances).
iRedMail configures Apache/Dovecot/Postfix/MySQL/LDAP/PostgreSQL to use the same cert by default, for all mail domains.