Topic: Slow login to iRedAdmin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am experiencing slow login times recently on my iRedAdminPro panel, times of 25 - 35 seconds and more start to get the norm rather than the exception.
The server is running with 1.5 GB of RAM. It does not seem to run out of RAM. It's a 2P4C server, I would not expect such slow motion from there. Once the admin panel is open it is quick enough, just to log in takes above time.

Any idea what this could be?

Regards
Peter

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Slow login to iRedAdmin

Do you run script shipped in iRedAdmin-Pro to cleanup old records in Amavisd database? Either with cron job or run it manually.
Script is: iRedAdmin-Pro-[VERSION]/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.

Wow, great - this reduced the login time from 2 minutes down to 4 seconds.
Thanks for the tip, it works great.

Don't forget to run this script in cron job, so that you don't need to execute it manually.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Don't forget to run this script in cron job, so that you don't need to execute it manually.

What's the recommended frequency to run the cron job ?

Daily.

Follow up question:

I haven't found any cronjob executing this task on a daily base. Isn't it activated by default after installing iRedMail?

Are there any other scripts which should be run on a daily/weekly base to ensure the system working properly? I have searched the wiki but haven't found anything related.

Thanks!

Hi shrinks,

Please add one manually. You can read top lines in tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py, it will guide you to add cron job.

Hi,

I added it yesterday and it works fine. Thanks smile