Topic: iRedMail smtp does not work from OpenERP

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello

I have installed and running iRedMail in a virtual box with CentOS 6.4 with local IP 192.168.1.104

I also have running OpenERP in another virtual box with Ubuntu 12.4 with local IP 192.168.1.102

I configured the outgoing mail server (smtp) in OpenERP as the one provided by iRedMail, with "Test connection" succeded (configuration and credentials are ok).

When I send an email from the OpenERP application to an external gmail as a recipient, the gmail account does not receive that email. But if I send the same email using roundcube (which is installed in the CentOS box, so it has the same IP as the iRedMail server), the mail is received in the gmail inbox instantly.

Does anybody knows how should I modify the iRedMail configuration to allow OpenERP use it as an smtp server without any issues?

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail smtp does not work from OpenERP

Show us how you configure OpenERP to use SMTP service provided by iRedMail.

3 (edited by orboan 2013-07-12 17:58:46)

SMTP server: mail.mydomain.info
SMTP port: 25
Connection Security: TLS (STARTTLS)
Username: info@mydomain.info
Paswword: **************

Firewall is disabled in the CentOS box.

After clicking the button "Test Connection" in the OpenERP webform, the message shown is: "Connection test suceeded! Everything seems properly set up!"

But no outgoing sent messages from OpenERP reach the destination, the gmail account never receives theses mails. Instead, when sent through Roundcube, yes, they are received.

Also: if I configure an smtp outgoing gmail server in OpenERP, all messages sent through the OpenERP web interface are received without any problems.

Use port 587 if you have STARTTLS enabled.

5 (edited by orboan 2013-07-13 01:18:15)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Use port 587 if you have STARTTLS enabled.

Done. OpenERP also says "Connection test suceeded! Everything seems properly set up!" BUT no mail sent to the gmail recipient is received. So changing port has not solved the issue.

As I said, of course, all mails sent through roundcube from the iRedMail server (using any of the virtuals domains configured) reach their destinations being another virtual domain from the iRedMail server or an external gmail. But using OpenERP, none reach their destination, neither if this destination is an account served by iRedMail nor an external gmail. Using OpenERP only works if the outgoing server configured is a gmail smtp.

DNS and MX are set properly, this is not the prob. I think it may be some kind of issue regarding allowed networks or allowed domains in iRedMail config, or maybe some sort of misconfiguration with some kind of anti-spam system iRedMail may have.

Please try to get detailed/debug log of smtp session of OpenERP, so that we can check why it doesn't work as expected.