Topic: Upgrade and move to new server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I've been lax in keeping up with updates on this server, but in looking at the latest upgrade news I believe it's time to do so.

Here's my dilemma: I would like to upgrade to the latest iRedMail (and also iRedMailPRO) and it seems as though the best way to do so would be to move to a new server at the same time so that I'm running on a supported version of CentOS.  So, what would the proper sequence of events be?

1. Should I upgrade the current version on the current server first, and then move to the new server running Centos 6.4?  Or,

2. Should I install the latest version on the new server and then try to move?  I'm concerned about changes along the way in the MySQL databases.

I know that the upgrades were always required to do incrementally (0.7.3 > 0.7.4 > 0.8.1 etc) but I'm wondering if I need to do so in this case before moving.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade and move to new server

answerman wrote:

it seems as though the best way to do so would be to move to a new server at the same time so that I'm running on a supported version of CentOS.

I guess you misunderstood the announcement, we will continue support iRedMail servers which running on CentOS 5.x. But for a new iRedMail installation, you have to choose CentOS 6.

Personally, i think upgrade from iRedMail-0.7.3 to the latest 0.8.5 by following our upgrade tutorials should be easy enough. And this is the best way to keep your iRedMail up to date.

answerman wrote:

1. Should I upgrade the current version on the current server first, and then move to the new server running Centos 6.4?  Or,

2. Should I install the latest version on the new server and then try to move?  I'm concerned about changes along the way in the MySQL databases.

And we have a basic tutorial to help you migrate to a new iRedMail server:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … ail.Server

The most important thing is, making sure you have the same SQL/LDAP structure.