Topic: Throttling questions

HI there!

I have a few questions regarding throttle. I already searched the forum for some answers and I found a few, but nothing that really clarify everything to me. So I apologize if I´m repeating anything here.

We just installed CentOS release 6.4, with iRedAdmin-0.2.2 and iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.7.0.

Here are the questions:

1) According to the features list for iRedAdmin-Pro (MySQL edition), we should have “Throttling Per-domain”, but I cannot find anything that allows me to configure it. Do we have it or not?

2) If we have it, is it possible to set a default value for all newly created domains? We would like to have this so we can avoid unauthorized users to change those settings.

3) Now I need information on how Throttling works: If I set 100 emails per minute and the user/domain is sending a mail list and it will get above that, how will the system threat the exceeding emails? Will it put in the queue and send it slower (100 per minute) or will it just not accept those emails?

Thank you in advace.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Throttling questions

grupow wrote:

1) According to the features list for iRedAdmin-Pro (MySQL edition), we should have “Throttling Per-domain”, but I cannot find anything that allows me to configure it. Do we have it or not?

First of all, please make sure you have Policyd (v1.8) integration in iRedAdmin-Pro config file (settings.ini). then you can find it in domain profile page, under tab "Throttling".

But looks like per-domain throttling in Policyd-1.8 doesn't work as expected, it ignores it and use per-user throttling setting instead.

grupow wrote:

2) If we have it, is it possible to set a default value for all newly created domains? We would like to have this so we can avoid unauthorized users to change those settings.

Unfortunately, not yet.

grupow wrote:

3) Now I need information on how Throttling works: If I set 100 emails per minute and the user/domain is sending a mail list and it will get above that, how will the system threat the exceeding emails? Will it put in the queue and send it slower (100 per minute) or will it just not accept those emails?

It will reject it immediately, instead of put it in queue and send later.

Ok.... thank you!

In this case let´s see if you can help me to resolve the problem: as per domain is not working and we have to do it per email address, where can we configure or change the default configuration to put a default limit for all newly created email addresses? Right now it´s zero for everything and we would like to add a value. This will solve our problem.

Check /etc/policyd_*.conf.
Throttling is configured in /etc/policyd_sender_throttle.conf.