Topic: Setup with multiple domains

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5 (latest)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6 x64
====

Hi all!

I'm about to move two websites that have been running separately to one VPS, coming from Shared Hosting. I've successfully installed everything from iRedMail to Apache Virtual Hosts, but I'm unsure about something.

Like I said, I will be running two websites (two domains) on one IP. I use Apache VirtualHosts to keep them apart for the outside world. But can somebody explain to me how I can use iRedMail to provide both domains with email addresses?

For example: what do I use as hostname?

I've also taken a look in the iRedMail admin panel and it allows me to add domains. Can I just add both my website domains there and start adding users (making email addresses)? Of course I've also Googled this, but I can't really find what I'm looking for.

Can somebody help me out? In short: I'm looking for a way to configure iRedMail so that it can supply both my domains with their corresponding email addresses.

Thanks!

Tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Setup with multiple domains

Tommiiee wrote:

But can somebody explain to me how I can use iRedMail to provide both domains with email addresses?

To server multiple web site, you need virtual host in Apache. But for virtual mail domains, just add mail domains and users with iRedAdmin and update your DNS settings to point MX record to this server.

3 (edited by Tommiiee 2013-08-20 17:04:20)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Tommiiee wrote:

But can somebody explain to me how I can use iRedMail to provide both domains with email addresses?

To server multiple web site, you need virtual host in Apache. But for virtual mail domains, just add mail domains and users with iRedAdmin and update your DNS settings to point MX record to this server.

Yes, I have already setup Apache virtual hosts.

So all I have to do is add 'domain1.com' and 'domain2.com' (my Apache virtual hosts) to the domains in the iRedMail admin panel, create users, point the MX record to my VPS and I'm good to go?

One question remains: what url do I use as my FQDN?

What do you mean FQDN?
You have to configure your server to use a FQDN hostname (get it with command "hostname -f"), but it's not related to mail domain directly.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What do you mean FQDN?
You have to configure your server to use a FQDN hostname (get it with command "hostname -f"), but it's not related to mail domain directly.

Ah, maybe I was confusing my CentOS install with the iRedMail install.

Anyway:

Tommiiee wrote:

So all I have to do is add 'domain1.com' and 'domain2.com' (my Apache virtual hosts) to the domains in the iRedMail admin panel, create users, point the MX record to my VPS and I'm good to go?

Tommiiee wrote:

YES.

But, with certificates:
do i have to make this configurations?
or is there a easier way?

https://lxadm.com/Postfix_and_multiple_SSL_certificates

MUA should be configured to use your mail server hostname as mail server address, and your ssl cert must support this hostname. Since end users use same address, you don't need to setup multiple ssl cert in Postfix.

Please create your own forum topic to discuss problems/issues, do not hijack others' threads.