Topic: Forward mail for single account

Hi All,

I'd like to use one of the many email testing services out there to monitor a mail server. A requirment that some have is that you reply/forward directly back at them. For example an email comes in from testing@internet.com to monitoring@myserver.co.uk and they require it is send directly back at them.

Please how to configure this, I want to do it at the server level not with a client.

I found some postfix documentation, but of course postfix here is already highly configured and I dont want to break it.

Many thanks
Bryan

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Forward mail for single account

Auto reply? How about create a sieve script for this use and send vacation message as reply automatically?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Auto reply? How about create a sieve script for this use and send vacation message as reply automatically?

Thank you, but I have no idea how to do this - I'll get googleing!

Just curious, what do you need to monitor actually? Sending/Receving email?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just curious, what do you need to monitor actually? Sending/Receving email?

Using a service from ippatrol.co.uk that sends an email into the server and waits on a reply. Measures round trip time and the fact that emails are working.

OK, thanks for sharing.

You can also write some simple scripts to do this?

For example, with Python programming language, you can send email with built-in module "smtplib" (with or without TLS support), then you can check whether sent email arrived or not by accessing its mailbox with built-in module "imaplib".