Topic: Failure to synchronise mail, or mail arriving a few hours later

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: v1.6.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi

I have 2 issues, which may be related. I thought that maybe they were caused by fail2ban and i have just disabled that as per another post found on this forum, but the problems remain.

The issues are:
1. Intermitent connection problems to send/retrieve email
2. Sometimes on my mobile device, i sync the email it it says sync'd, but mail which has arrived and is present on the desktop is not showing on the mobile, mail which was received many hours ago. Eventually later in the day they just all show up.

Do you know what the cause of this issue is, and how to resolve it?

Is it related to the max connection rate, which seems to be really strict?
e.g.
Aug 26 09:53:30 mail postfix/anvil[3764]: statistics: max connection rate 1/60s for (smtp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) at Aug 26 09:50:05
Aug 26 09:53:30 mail postfix/anvil[3764]: statistics: max connection count 1 for (smtp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) at Aug 26 09:50:05
Aug 26 09:53:30 mail postfix/anvil[3764]: statistics: max cache size 1 at Aug 26 09:50:05

I would like to make these a little less strict regardless of whather or not they are the cause of the 2 issues that i am having.

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Failure to synchronise mail, or mail arriving a few hours later

No idea without detailed error log. And it's not related to the Postfix statistics.

amel wrote:

1. Intermitent connection problems to send/retrieve email

Any related log?

3 (edited by amel 2013-08-26 20:36:26)

Hi Zhang

No, the above few lines relating to the connection rate are the only logs that i can see around that time.

How do i change that? If that doesn't fix it, then ill pay for you to have a look if you can

And by change, i meant to make this less strict

Aug 26 09:53:30 mail postfix/anvil[3764]: statistics: max connection rate 1/60s for (smtp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) at Aug 26 09:50:05
Aug 26 09:53:30 mail postfix/anvil[3764]: statistics: max connection count 1 for (smtp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) at Aug 26 09:50:05
Aug 26 09:53:30 mail postfix/anvil[3764]: statistics: max cache size 1 at Aug 26 09:50:05

Amel

Hi Zhang

Any comment on the above?

No idea at all, because no related log about your issue. it's hard for me to help troubleshoot without related log.
Sorry.