Topic: Aliases for AD users

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): AD
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Centos 6.4 x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Is it possible to add aliases for mails fetched from AD LDAP?

Thanks for help.
Piotr

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Aliases for AD users

Excuse me, what do you mean "alias" here? Is it a mailing list like account, or an alias email address bind to another mail user (two email addresses total)?

Did you check our integration tutorial here? http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … y.iRedMail

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Excuse me, what do you mean "alias" here? Is it a mailing list like account, or an alias email address bind to another mail user (two email addresses total)?

Did you check our integration tutorial here? http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … y.iRedMail

Hello!

I want that user postmaster@mydomain.com and admin@mydomain.com will bind to myaccount@mydomain.com

Piotr

Sorry, i don't quite understand. sad
Please describe how you will use it to help us understand your situation.

Hello!

I have an email account on my iredmail server i.e. myname@mydomain.com, and I want to receive mails addressed to alias1@mydomain.com to my myname@mydomain.com account.

Piotr

OK, user alias.

*) Unfortunately, iRedMail doesn't support this with Active Directory by default.
*) Fortunately, you can use a LDAP attribute to store addition mail address like 'alias1@mydomain.com' in user profile of user 'myname@' in AD, then update LDAP queries in Postfix/Dovecot config file to get this addition email address.

To update Postfix/Dovecot config files, please refer to a original iRedMail server with OpenLDAP backend.