Topic: Can't recieve mail from local systems....

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: OpenSuse 12.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm stumped.... I've used qmail for years and can usually trouble shoot smtp issue pretty quickly with it but I'm new to postfix and completely lost.

I've got an iredmail server installed and running fine with all the domains I put on it, not problem there.

the problem is that I have another local machine running asterisk and I want all the root and local user emails from that machine to go to my personal email address on the iredmail server as well as any voicemail to email messages out of asterisk and this is where I've somehow botched things up....

on the asterisk machine i set up an alias for root to point to: me@mydomain.com

local domain: mydomain.com (192.168.1.0/24)
iredmail: mail.mydomain.com
asterisk: asterisk.mydomain.com

mail from the asterisk system is sent out from: <user>@asterisk.mydomain.com and what I see in the asterisk system's maillog is:

Sep 12 15:51:37 asterisk postfix/qmgr[21185]: D49012A19E9: from=<root@Asterisk.mydomain.com>, size=846, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Sep 12 15:52:07 asterisk postfix/smtp[21230]: D49012A19E9: to=<me@mydomain.com>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=1326, delays=1296/0.04/30/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to mail.mydomain.com[<publicip>]:25: Connection timed out)

so basically it's routing out the gateway to the internet and trying to come back in again to my mailserver...  Not quite sure how to tell postfix on asterisk.mydomain.com that mail for <user>@mydomain.com should go directly to the local IP of mail.mydomain.com.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't recieve mail from local systems....

Add a A record like 'local.mydomain.com' and point to your local IP address, then use this 'local.xxx' on Asterisk server?