Topic: Local Subnet Delivery Only and Filtering

Hi:

I need to run iRemail in a unique development scenario.  No mail can leave the subnet and we need to filter internal mail based on source IP address.  We're a development shop and we need to test our software against an MTA but not send to real outside clients.

I've found a few generic solutions on Google but I need something iRedmail specific that deals with LDAP, Sieve and Header_Checks. So the following needs to happen:

1) Local subnet mail delivery only using iRedmail
2) If mail comes from a specific internal IP address on the subnet redirect it to a specific mail box on iRedmail server. (Note: The To: field can be anything, it's basically ignored).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave Cook
Director
Gridworkz

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Local Subnet Delivery Only and Filtering

quasimotoca wrote:

2) If mail comes from a specific internal IP address on the subnet redirect it to a specific mail box on iRedmail server. (Note: The To: field can be anything, it's basically ignored).

If postfix hosts domain example.com, all mails sent to XXX@example.com will be delivered to local mailboxes. So why not sent your testing mails to users under this virtual mail domain so that all mails won't be delivered to outside?

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated.  How would that work?
Cheers,
Dave

No addition work/modification is required.

- Create a virtual mail domain (such as abc.com, yes, the domain is not required to be an exist domain name)
- Craete several mail users under this domain
- Send your testing emails to these mail users, all mails will be delivered to local mailboxes.

Sorry for the double post.  I forgot to add something.  I currently host internal.avema.net with iRedmail on the internal network. So should I create another internal domain?  The To: address can actually come from anywhere i.e fred@anywhere.com.  The mail needs to be routed based on the source IP of the developers machine (or) a server.  So I need to setup filtering something like this:

if header :contains: "Received" "192.168.4.215" {
    redirect "developer@internal.avema.net";
} elsif header contains: "Received" "192.168.4.31" {
    redirect "server@internal.avema.net";
} else {
    keep;
}

Something along those lines is what I'm trying to do. 

Cheers,
Dave

You can try postfix header_checks with REDIRECT action. Reference: http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

I didn't test this before, so i don't promise it will work for you as expected.

Good luck smile

Thanks, do I edit header_checks or header_checks.pcre? Basically, how do I postmap it under iRedmail?
Cheers,
Dave

You need to edit header_checks.pcre, after modification, run:

# postmap hash:/etc/postfix/header_checks.pcre

I'm getting closer - How do I postmap an entry to: ldap_virtual_alias_maps.cf ?
Cheers,
Dave