Topic: Forwarding Filtered Email to Exchange

============ Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 64-bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Good afternoon, first thank you for offering iRedMail, it was very quick and easy to setup. I've installed iredmail on a clean install of CentOS 6.4 and I would like to use this server as a spam filter, forwarding all scanned email to our exchange server for delivery to users. I'm new to setting up spam filters so perhaps I am going about it the wrong way, is it possible to forward scanned email on to our exchange server and if so how would i configure postfix to do this?

Thank you!
Luke

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Forwarding Filtered Email to Exchange

Set 'forward_method' to your Exchange server in Amavisd config file. For example:

$forward_method = 'smtp:[IP_of_your_Exchange_server]:25';

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Set 'forward_method' to your Exchange server in Amavisd config file. For example:

$forward_method = 'smtp:[IP_of_your_Exchange_server]:25';

Thank you, this worked perfectly to forward all mail to exchange. I would only like it to forward emails not marked as spam and leave spam emails on the iredmail box though. Can this be done easily?

Thank you again.

Luke

lhiggs wrote:

I would only like it to forward emails not marked as spam and leave spam emails on the iredmail box though. Can this be done easily?

Does it work if you quarantine spam/virus into SQL database?

5 (edited by lhiggs 2013-11-08 01:50:32)

I had a mis-configuration in my quarantine to sql settings. Following this tutorial: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ining.SPAM I set both $final_spam_destiny variables to D_DISCARD as well as setting $spam_quarantine_method = 'sql:';

Thanks for your help!