Topic: Sync Global LDAP address book from server to mobile client & outlook

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro    v1.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP):
====

Hi,
I am able to see personal address book & Global LDAP address book on round cube mail.
I want to know the possibility to sync this address book from mail server to mobile mail client applications & outlook. This will help us to get auto complete on "To address" while sending mail.

Please advice

Thanks in advance

SIJO

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sync Global LDAP address book from server to mobile client & outlook

Here's tutorial of using OpenLDAP as global ldap address book in Outlook: http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … ft.Outlook

Still no idea how to use it in mobile mail client, sorry.

i am running virtual domains on my ired Server

if iam running a virtual domain as xyz.com and there is a user as erick@xyz.com then what will be the ldap entries i should set in out look for addressbook Sync.My ldap root dn is

dc=abc,dc=com

then the entry

mail=erick@xyz.com,ou=Users,domainName=xyz.com,o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=com

OR will it be like this

mail=erick@xyz.com,ou=Users,domainName=abc.com,o=domains,dc=abc,dc=com

bijuedathodi wrote:

mail=erick@xyz.com,ou=Users,domainName=xyz.com,o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=com

This one is correct.

If you don't want to let user access other domains, use 'domainName=xyz.com,o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=com' as base dn (instead of dc=xyz,dc=com or o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=com) is a better choice (better performance).

5 (edited by bijuedathodi 2013-11-02 18:06:19)

I tried with the above settings as you mentioned but failed to sync address book.Outlook  provided  error.

On Searching a email id within the outlook got Error

"Failed to connect server because of invalid authentication.Ensure a valid username and password has been entered on the Microsoft LDAP configuration page for the account SERVERIP.

I had put correct username & password for that particular user and configured it as per the wiki tutorial, (i.e, email user and password).Can u help me on this

bijuedathodi wrote:

I tried with the above settings as you mentioned but failed to sync address book.Outlook didn't  provide any error.HELP

*) Please response in a short time, at least not nearly 3 months later.
*) Show us your settings in Outlook.

Sorry for the delayed post.Actually i was checking this feature for the last couple of months.

My settings are

USING MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2007

First i configured the specific user on outlook selecting IMAP.This part is Ok.To set Addressbook syncing i used below settings

Server Name : IP address of iRedmail Server

Username : mail=erick@xyz.in,ou=Users,domainName=xyz.in,o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=in

password : email paswword of erick@xyz.in

SPA checkbox is not selected

Under more settings

Displayname ; Server ipaddress

Port ; 389

Use Secure Socket layer checkbox not selected

Under Search TAB, on Search Base Selected Custom,value is

ou=Users,domainName=xyz.in,o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=in

time out 60
Maximum entry 100

Browsing option is not Enabled

Please note that mail server is holding multiple domains.xyz.in is one of them.While setting up iRedmail Server used abc.com domain name

*) Do you open port 389 in server firewall (iptables, etc)?
*) If you STRICTLY follow our wiki tutorial but it doesn't work, i have no idea yet. Sorry.
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ft.Outlook

Hi Zhang

Finally i got it working.Yes the port was open.
A little change made on the above settings.
i had said for setting up iRed Server i used abc.com as domain name(i.e,dc=abc,dc=com as root DN).After that i created xyz.in as second domain and created a user named erick on xyz.in.
Changes i made were

Instead of using mail=erick@xyz.in,ou=Users,domainName=xyz.in,o=domains,dc=xyz,dc=in
I used mail=erick@xyz.in,ou=Users,domainName=xyz.in,o=domains,dc=abc,dc=com

and Base DN as domainName=xyz.in,o=domains,dc=abc,dc=com
this made it working.
To get the email id of a particular user on xyz.in .I have to go to ADDRESSbook and to do a manual search using the name of that user then it will list the email address and i need to manually add that address in contacts.Is there anyway to automatically search and add all the ids for xyz.in to contacts ?

Thanks

This is how it works with Outlook, i have no idea about automate.

hay Zhang,
I want to use Outlook or Tunderbird for my mail client. But I don't know why there are invalid username and password in my tunderbird, whereas it work if I run in my webmail?

While in Outlook I find failed to connect in my log on to incoming server (POP3 and SMTP) in Outlook. somethings like above:

"Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR Authentication failed."

"Send test e-mail message: Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings."

Hi @pilapoernomo,

Please follow this tutorial to configure your mail client:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … r.iRedMail

Also, please post your question in a new forum topic, do not hijack other's topic.