Topic: Questions about policyd sender throttle

Hi. I have 3 questions about policyd sender throttle:

1. If I enable sender throttle with "YES" in init.d, there are 2 daemons running separately, on different ports, 10031 and 10032?

2. Which one of the *.conf files are used? If I understood well, both, each one by separate daemon?

3. Do I need to copy the settings I customized from the normal "policyd.conf" to "policyd_sender_throttle.conf", otherwise there will be conflicts? Or this is not needed? For example, in "policyd.conf" I have "WHITELISTDNSNAME=1", do I need to enable it in "policyd_sender_throttle.conf" also?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Questions about policyd sender throttle

maxie_ro wrote:

1. If I enable sender throttle with "YES" in init.d, there are 2 daemons running separately, on different ports, 10031 and 10032?

Yes.

2. Which one of the *.conf files are used? If I understood well, both, each one by separate daemon?

The default policyd daemon which listen on 10031 will use /etc/policyd.conf, and another one use /etc/policyd_sender_throttle.conf.

3. Do I need to copy the settings I customized from the normal "policyd.conf" to "policyd_sender_throttle.conf", otherwise there will be conflicts? Or this is not needed? For example, in "policyd.conf" I have "WHITELISTDNSNAME=1", do I need to enable it in "policyd_sender_throttle.conf" also?

Do NOT sync settings between two conf files.

Policyd with port 10032 should ONLY provides sender throttle feature.

And don't forget to enable policyd sender throttle in Postfix main.cf:

#
# Uncomment the following line to enable policyd sender throttle.
#
smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10032

3 (edited by maxie_ro 2010-02-07 03:31:30)

Thank you for your answer. It's working as expected.

But one curiosity remains: sender throttle is also applied for incoming mails, not only outgoing. From your experience, what do you think would be the best settings for max messages / hour?

L.E.:
Is there any way to separate incoming senders from outgoing senders?

Why are TWO instances of policyd running?