Topic: iRedMail-0.6.0-beta3 release, better support for FreeBSD.

Hi, all.

iRedMail-0.6.0-beta3 is available for testing (and here is 0.6.0-beta1 release note), download now:

Major changes since 0.6.0-beta1:

• Better support for FreeBSD 7.2 & 8.0 -release with the newest ports tree, supports both i386 & x86_64/amd64. Here is installation guide.

• Use yum to install packages on RHEL/CentOS, not necessary to download all binary packages now.

• Software update:

• phpLDAPadmin -> 1.2.0.5

• iRedAPD -> 1.2.1 (Postfix policy daemon, used to restrict mail list access.)

• iRedAdmin (Open Source Edition) -> 0.1.2 (No new features, but new translations)

Note: This is a beta version, it's NOT recommended for product use.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by 011 2010-02-09 08:03:27)

Re: iRedMail-0.6.0-beta3 release, better support for FreeBSD.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

[*]Use yum to install packages on RHEL/CentOS, not necessary to download all binary packages now.[/*]

Does this mean that "ired" packages are no longer be used?
I can indentify 6 of them.

Like in example of "perl-Mail-DKIM 0.36-1.ired".
I looked in what would be difference between "0.36-1.ired", comming from ired repository, vs. "0.36", comming from Dag Apt Repository, and could not find any difference documented, which did make me wonder why ired package was needed to start with?

To be more correct, looking at documents supplied with the package, I did not notice any addition made by ired team, every last entry is made by package maintener.

@011: We still need 'ired' packages, because we still miss several packages in RHEL/CentOS official yum repository. the difference is you don't need to download them via script 'pkgs/get_all.sh' and generate a local yum repository any more.

About package 'perl-Mail-DKIM 0.36-1.ired' and other 'ired' packages, we just use the SPEC files from DAG or EPEL to build new versions, no addition patches. As you may know, Amavisd team suggests to use a newer version of 'perl-Mail-DKIM' to avoid some issues which may caused in older versions, so we built 'ired' packages with new version without waiting DAG/EPEL updating them. There maybe a newer/same version in DAG or EPEL, if so we can use them instead of using 'ired', so that iRedMail users can get benefits from them (update, maintaince, etc). Don't forget to remind me if you found them available in DAG/EPEL.

Hello again,

Due to various reasons my earlier attempt a few months back to use iRedMail for our mailserver was shelved, but I'm giving it another shot.

I'm excited to see that 0.6.0 is coming!  Any ETA on that?  Also, will it include a new version of roundcube?

Cheers!
Peter

Caliban wrote:

Any ETA on that?

There may be another RC release.

Caliban wrote:

Also, will it include a new version of roundcube?

Roundcube-0.3.1.

hi all
iRedMail-0.6.0-beta3 is released. Well i was thinking if a security module can be included in this version. Like forcing the user to change password on first log on and subsequent ever 15 days or as configured by the administrator. If this can be incorporated then iredmail can be  deployed on the fly in any environment without much security problems. Regards.

jojo401 wrote:

hi all
iRedMail-0.6.0-beta3 is released. Well i was thinking if a security module can be included in this version. Like forcing the user to change password on first log on and subsequent ever 15 days or as configured by the administrator. If this can be incorporated then iredmail can be  deployed on the fly in any environment without much security problems. Regards.

Seems a good idea.

Maybe we can develop an iRedAPD plugin to check password expire date and REJECT smtp connections with useful notice message when expired.

Any idea?

Any idea when Beta4 will be installed

Any update with this iRedAPD plugin to check password expire date and REJECT smtp connections with useful notice message when expired?

borloloy wrote:

Any update with this iRedAPD plugin to check password expire date and REJECT smtp connections with useful notice message when expired?

Sorry, no plan yet.
It's on my todo list, but no detail release plan.