1 (edited by riverco 2013-12-17 01:45:29)

Topic: upgrade 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 cluebringer issue

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5 - 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

As I Was executing all the steps to upgrade 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 following happens when reaching cluebringer part

command to execute yum update cluebringer

response : Package(s) cluebringer available, but not installed.

i think the upgrade doc is missing a few things ? If i am correct 0.8.6 adds cluebringer and stops policyd ? but the upgrade doc only talks about yum install cluebringer now adding cluebringer and removing policyd.

any idea as how to perform the proper steps to upgrade ?

or di di do something wrong when installing 0.8.5 ?
thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: upgrade 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 cluebringer issue

*) Policyd doesn't provide an official upgrade tutorial for upgrading from Policyd-1.8 to Cluebringer, so we have to postpone this.
*) If you're running Policyd-1.8, it's fine to stick with it. And wait for our upgrading tutorial.

Hi Zhang,

I'll wait for the upgrade tutorial.  smile

Thanks and best regards,
Gondim

Hi Zhang,

In that case can you give in a few lines how to delete policyd and install cluebringer configured for iredadminPro (as i have that).

I dont want to migrate then but just enable cluebringer and stop the old policyd as i already upgraded everything and installed 2.1 adminpro now.

thank you,

Hi @riverco,

You can keep running Policyd right now, iRedAdmin-Pro supports Policyd.

Regarding "Upgrade/iRedMail/0.8.5-0.8.6", I noticed "This document is still a DRAFT, do NOT apply it."

I will wait for the upgrade tutorial, too.  Thanks.

Hi @annonman,

Sorry about this confusion, i removed this line moment ago, you can apply it with current document.

Thanks Zhang, do you have an estimate on a tutorial date?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @riverco,

You can keep running Policyd right now, iRedAdmin-Pro supports Policyd.

@ZhangHuangbin, is this entirely correct for both v2.0 and v2.1?   

I, like many others, have not migrated from Policyd to cluebringer yet.  When attempting to use iRedAdminPro v2.1 w/ Policyd, links involving throttling, greylisting, and the advanced tab under domain/user configuration, all result in an 'internal server error'.  The dashboard also displays incorrect values for the number of emails sent and received.  I would assume these errors resolve themselves when using cluebringer instead of Policyd.

Other than the broken dashboard values, and the inability to access the advanced tab for domain and user configuration, do any other cases exist for not migrating to iRedAdminPro v2.1?  Similarly, are there any advantages for migrating from v2.0 to v2.1 if Policyd is still in use?

Hi @xycmu,

You can stay with Policyd-1.8. iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.1 also fixes several issues, not just brings you Cluebringer support.
About the upgrading issue, please try to restart Apache service, then delete all records in SQL table "iredadmin.sessions", then try again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @xycmu,

You can stay with Policyd-1.8. iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.1 also fixes several issues, not just brings you Cluebringer support.
About the upgrading issue, please try to restart Apache service, then delete all records in SQL table "iredadmin.sessions", then try again.

@ZhangHuangbin,

Thank you for the feedback. I wanted to follow-up on your suggestion; I hope this is the appropriate thread and actually pertains to cluebringer vs Policyd in iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP v2.1

When using v2.1 & Policyd, and after restarting Apache and truncating iredadmin.sessions, the number of sent/received emails is still not correct, and URL links to greylists, throttling, and advanced tabs still result in an 'internal server error'.

Logging out, and switching back to v2.0 resolves all of these issues.  The issues appear again once v2.1 has been re-adopted.

Screenshots are attached for v2.0, v2.1 and an example of the 'internal server error' message when using v2.1

Post's attachments

iRedAdmin_v2.0_vs_v2.1.png
iRedAdmin_v2.0_vs_v2.1.png 71.89 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

xycmu wrote:

When using v2.1 & Policyd, and after restarting Apache and truncating iredadmin.sessions, the number of sent/received emails is still not correct, and URL links to greylists, throttling, and advanced tabs still result in an 'internal server error'.

I'm so sorry about this trouble. This is a bug in new release of iRedAdmin-Pro, and it's fixed here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post26298.html#p26298

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
xycmu wrote:

I'm so sorry about this trouble. This is a bug in new release of iRedAdmin-Pro, and it's fixed here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post26298.html#p26298

@ZhangHuangbin

Thank you, that fix worked for most of the issues.  I still have wrong counts for Received/Set emails on Pro-v2.1 (works fine on Pro-v2.0), but the issue for me is low-priority.  I'd just like to know why, or have someone open a bug if anyone else is able to reproduce this.  (I'm certainly willing to help with testing via email or another threat dedicated to this issue)

xycmu wrote:

I still have wrong counts for Received/Set emails on Pro-v2.1

It's a bug in the latest iRedAdmin-Pro and fixed moment ago, i will release a new version of iRedAdmin-Pro soon:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic5866 … wrong.html