Topic: Move to Cluebringer

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Centos 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I performed the update to iRedAdmin-Pro v1.8.0 (MySQL) as described. Now i wonder why after the upgrade still policyd is in use instead of cluebringer. Some month ago you wrte in the forum with the upcoming release only cluebringer would be used. What did i miss? The upgrade tutorial explicitly says one should not perform the cluebringer part if one is still using policyd. So how does it work? Where is the script to move policyd to cluebringer?

Regards

Michael

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Move to Cluebringer

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid that you misunderstood about "upcoming release only cluebringer would be used".

In the latest iRedMail-0.8.6, we switched from Policyd to Cluebringer on all supported Linux/BSD distributions (except OpenBSD), so all new iRedMail installations will use Cluebringer only. But some existing iRedMail servers are still running Policyd, so iRedAdmin-Pro supports both Policyd and Cluebringer management.

Policyd doesn't provide official upgrade tutorial for Cluebringer, we need some time to write one for iRedMail users. Also, stick with Policyd is just fine, nothing lose.

Re: Move to Cluebringer

Thank you for the fast reply. To be honest i am not a big fan of cluebringer because the rule concept is somewhat strange in my opinion. However i need to have ipv6 greylisting and policyd cant do that. This is the reason why i use sqlgrey on my fallback mx. Unfortunately iredadmin pro does not support sqlgrey so i have to stick with cluebringer if i want or not.

Michael