Topic: iRedmail Pro - new install confusion

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 5.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am a bit lost using these install instructions: http://www.iredmail.org/admin_installation_rhel.html

There's no mention of what LDAP to use, what schema, etc.

Following the instructions just does not work and are also wrong, for example : there's no settings.ini, just settings.py.

am I supposed to first install the OSE version and then upgrade ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by riverco 2013-12-28 10:36:47)

Re: iRedmail Pro - new install confusion

Hi,

Am sure Zhang will explain better BUT

you install first iredmail 0.8.6 choosing LDAP etc.. (ldap and whatever needed schemas are then installed for you) when all that is complete you then UPGRADE iredadmin normal (which is installed by default with iredmail 0.8.6) to iredadmiPRO as mentioned on the page :

Migration Tip: If you already have iRedAdmin open source edition installed, you can simply migrate it to iRedAdmin-Pro. (click the link which makes you go to iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?title=Migrate/iRedAdmin-Pro/OSE-Pro

The upgrade is simple and easy and does not require choosing ldaps, schemas etc..

regards,

n3t0ps wrote:

- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.1

Thanks very much for your purchase, it keeps iRedMail project moving on.

n3t0ps wrote:

I am a bit lost using these install instructions: http://www.iredmail.org/admin_installation_rhel.html
There's no mention of what LDAP to use, what schema, etc.

*) iRedAdmin-Pro requires iRedMail, and it works only with iRedMail.
*) iRedMail will configure OpenLDAP to include necessary LDAP schema files.

n3t0ps wrote:

Following the instructions just does not work and are also wrong, for example : there's no settings.ini, just settings.py.

My mistake, forgot to sync installation guides. Fixed moment ago.
The latest iRedAdmin-Pro uses different file format for config file, it's now a Python source file (settings.py) instead of ini style plain text (settings.ini).

n3t0ps wrote:

am I supposed to first install the OSE version and then upgrade ?

iRedAdmin open source edition should be installed during iRedMail if you chose to install it. It's easier to upgrade from iRedAdmin open source edition to iRedAdmin-Pro:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ro/OSE-Pro

Thank you, this makes things much clear.
I installed OSE, made sure everything works and then upgraded to Pro.
However I now unable to login, I get a "Error: Username or password is incorrect."

I have logged into the ldapadmin and made sure postmaster@mydomain.com has the "domainGlobalAdmin" attribute set to yes.

Anything else I should try ?

n3t0ps wrote:

However I now unable to login, I get a "Error: Username or password is incorrect."

*) Did you use the correct login username an password? The login username must be a full email address.
*) Does this username/password work before you upgrading iRedAdmin-Pro?

*) Did you use the correct login username an password? The login username must be a full email address.

Yes, I've used the same user/pass ( as noted in /var/www/iRedMail-0.8.6/iRedMail.tips )

Admin of domain mydomain.com:
    * Account: postmaster@mydomain.com
    * Password: *my*pass

*) Does this username/password work before you upgrading iRedAdmin-Pro?

Yes, I have logged in successfully with this user before the upgrade.

Did you try the latest iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.1.1? If it still doesn't work for you, could you please give me ssh access (with root privilege) to your server for deep debugging?

i did not try 2.1.1 - can you send me a download link?

n3t0ps wrote:

i did not try 2.1.1 - can you send me a download link?

Hi n3t0ps,
I'm sorry that i cannot find your forum email address in our license database, could you please send an email to "support _at_ iredmail.org" to ask for the download link?

upgrade worked. thanks!