1 (edited by hockeymikey 2014-01-02 11:28:40)

Topic: Internal Server Error

Edit: Following 404 error was fixed.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: http://pastebin.com/ZTTSWfgz
====

After a clean install Roundcube was accessible but the admin panel was not.  It just gives me 404 page not found and no errors in the log.  Any ideas?  If you need any more information I'll be glad to post it.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Internal Server Error

Which URL did you access? iRedAdmin is accessible only via HTTPS.

I no longer get the 404 issue but an "internal server error" while trying to access it.

He's some of the errors I get in the apache2 logs.
http://pastebin.com/j00tQPY4

It also appears that some of the MySQL databases that should have been made by iRedMail weren't.  Should they be there?  Is that causing the issue?

The error message is "(1045, "Access denied for user 'iredadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")", so please make sure you have correct SQL username and password for iRedAdmin database in iRedAdmin config file /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.py (it's settings.ini if you're running a old version of iRedAdmin).

I manually had to create the user and database in phpmyadmin but I get this error.

http://pastebin.com/0PpUVYcL

Appears that when setting up iRedMail it didn't create the databases or users with the necessary tables.

Looks like your iRedMail installation was not competed successfully.

So what can I do to fix this?

I suggest you reinstall server OS first, then try to install iRedMail by following our installation guide STRICTLY again.
A success iRedMail installation will have all mail services work out of box.

I can't do that.  I have done too much work on the system to back track with a fresh install.  I need another opinion.

The error message shows you don't have SQL table "iredadmin.sessions", you can create it manually, sql template file is /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/docs/samples/iredmail.sql.

I decided to reinstall on a fresh install of the OS.  But after trying on first 13.04 and then 12.04 both times the same thing "Internal Server Error".  After further inspection both times the mysql databases were not created.  I am following the installation tutorial step by step and the OS is fresh.  What could the issue be?

Eh scratch that.  I tried it again on 13.04, same steps but this time it worked.  Only step different is that I used a 6 character MySql and postmaster password with only letters.  Very strange issue.