Topic: Error on IRedMail Mysql on FreeBSD 9.2 Fresh Install

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.86
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 9.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: No Logs
====

i try to install iRedMail on FreeBSD 9.2 Fresh Install. on going i have mod_wsgi not found on package_freebsd.sh. i see on port there are only mod_wsgi2 & mod_wsgi3. so i change to mod_wsgi2 and it works. and the installation is finished.

but when i try to open on web browser for the iredadmin, it says INTERNAL ERROR & i try to open roundcube to and it says DATABASE NOT CONNECTED.

when i try to check the database, there's nothing in there. only the default from MySQL itself. the ROUNDCUBEMAIl, POLICYD, AMAVISD & VMAIL doesn't exist.

Could you help me please ? thanks

/r
Andy

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error on IRedMail Mysql on FreeBSD 9.2 Fresh Install

I repacked iRedMail-0.8.6, it should work on FreeBSD with MySQL and PostgreSQL backends. Could you please try it again?
http://www.iredmail.org/download.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I repacked iRedMail-0.8.6, it should work on FreeBSD with MySQL and PostgreSQL backends. Could you please try it again?
http://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Ok zhang, i'll try now...

and it still have problems with p7zip now.. i try to use MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and its still errors...

/usr/bin/ld: wine_date_and_time.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
wine_date_and_time.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
*** [../../../../bin/7z.so] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/p7zip/work/p7zip_9.20.1/CPP/7zip/Bundles/Format7zFree.
*** [common7z] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/p7zip/work/p7zip_9.20.1.
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/p7zip.

but when i try to install manually without the script packages, it works and finished install.

and try to execute again the scripts, and it error again.

i make a little modified on packages_freebsd.sh and the p7zip works like a charm on installation until finished.

but it's still the same error, DATABASE NOT CONNECTED on Roundcube & Internal Error on iredadmin.
so i try to check the database, and :

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| test               |
+--------------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

nothing in there, just the original DB from MySQL.

should i configure them manually for all the DB ?

this the error with the configuration :

* Start iRedMail Configurations
< INFO > Create self-signed SSL certification files.
< INFO > Create required system accounts: vmail, iredapd, iredadmin.
< INFO > Configure Apache web server and PHP.
< INFO > Configure MySQL database server.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
< INFO > Configure Postfix (Message Transfer Agent).
< INFO > Configure Cluebringer (postfix policy server).
< INFO > Configure Dovecot-2 (pop3/imap/managesieve server).
< INFO > Configure ClamAV (anti-virus toolkit).
< INFO > Configure Amavisd-new (interface between MTA and content checkers).
< INFO > Configure SpamAssassin (content-based spam filter).
< INFO > Configure iRedAPD (postfix policy daemon).
< INFO > Configure iRedAdmin (official web-based admin panel).
< INFO > Configure Awstats (logfile analyzer for mail and web server).
< INFO > Configure Roundcube webmail.
< INFO > Configure phpMyAdmin (web-based MySQL management tool).

I'm confused about p7zip issue. Did you try to disable 'MODULES' option for this port?

Your iRedMail installation was not successfully completed, it's better to reinstall it.
Does this server has MySQL server installed and running before installing iRedMail?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm confused about p7zip issue. Did you try to disable 'MODULES' option for this port?

Your iRedMail installation was not successfully completed, it's better to reinstall it.
Does this server has MySQL server installed and running before installing iRedMail?

i don't make any changes on p7zip. or is there something wrong with the portsnap?

it really Fresh Install, the first thing i installed is only bash-static and its using package not ports.

hidayat.andy wrote:

i don't make any changes on p7zip. or is there something wrong with the portsnap?

No idea yet.

Same error here.

/usr/bin/ld: wine_date_and_time.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
wine_date_and_time.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
*** [../../../../bin/7z.so] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/p7zip/work/p7zip_9.20.1/CPP/7zip/Bundles/Format7zFree.
*** [common7z] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/p7zip/work/p7zip_9.20.1.
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/p7zip.
< ERROR > Port was not success installed, please fix it manually and then re-execute this script.

Hi Fabricio,

When did you download iRedMail-0.8.6? I repacked it days ago, it should works well on FreeBSD 9/10. And it disabled p7zip and altermime, so above error is not expected.

-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel  112135 Jan  4 12:22 iRedMail-0.8.6.tar.bz2

I am leeching again and trying to reinstall.

Works!