1 (edited by borthner 2014-01-09 05:39:58)

Topic: Upgrade failure for Ubuntu 12.10 iRedAdminPro-MySQL-1.8.1

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Linux 12.10
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

Upgraded from  iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.6.0 to  iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.8.1 as per tutorial. When I go to site, I get an apache message:
Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

/var/log/apache2/error.log has these entries:
[Wed Jan 08 15:30:54 2014] [warn] (13)Permission denied: mod_wsgi (pid=25526): Unable to stat target WSGI script '/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py'.
[Wed Jan 08 15:30:54 2014] [error] [client 207.195.117.194] (13)Permission denied: mod_wsgi (pid=25526, process='iredadmin', application='shorelark.kcdc.ca|/iredadmin'): Call to fopen() failed for '/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py'

I have compared all permissions between the old IRedAdminPro-MySQL-1.6.0 directory and the new iRedAdminPro-MySQL-1.8.1 directory, and everything looks identical as far as ownerships and permissions. Ideas?
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade failure for Ubuntu 12.10 iRedAdminPro-MySQL-1.8.1

borthner wrote:

[Wed Jan 08 15:30:54 2014] [error] [client 207.195.117.194] (13)Permission denied: mod_wsgi (pid=25526, process='iredadmin', application='shorelark.kcdc.ca|/iredadmin'): Call to fopen() failed for '/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py'

Please show us file permissions with below commands:

# ls -dl /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin
# ls -dl /usr/share/apache2/iRedAdmin*
# ls -l /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/

Re: Upgrade failure for Ubuntu 12.10 iRedAdminPro-MySQL-1.8.1

Problem now resolved - the files within the directory /usr/share/apache2/iRedAdmin-Pro-1.8.1 had the same permissions as the files within the previous directory /usr/share/apache2/iRedAdmin-Pro-1.6.0, but the directory itself was missing user read and execute permissions. I changed the permissions on the directory and everything is working properly now. Thanks for the assistance!