Topic: gmail problem

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: inux version 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5 (mockbuild@builder10.centos.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)) #1 SMP Thu May 13 13:09:10 EDT 2010

- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.143.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [x.x.x.x    4] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail origina
ting from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 blocked. Please visit http://www.goog
le.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html 421 4.7.0 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. lf2si15361597lbc.143 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
                                         fqweqwedsadsffds@gmail.com

I have such a problem as above. what to do, what to check. I have 20 mails in queue- it is not any storm on gmail. My firewall doesn't show any great traffic to google or so ..is all normal. One think I have, is that i changed Internet link for one day, probable mails went trough other gatway. But I changed it. I dont konw how long it will be?
please any advice

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: gmail problem

Hi,

first of all, check if your server is not sending bad email traffic (eg. compromised account misused for sending spam).
You can do it by listing the email queue and the listing the content of the email and look if it's not spam:

# list queue
mailq
# cat the selected email
postcat -q XXX

the XXX is the queue ID (something like 718ED18481F)

I administer quite large server and I have never hit gmail restrictions.

Re: gmail problem

ok It's ok now. Gmail blocked email, they stuck in postfix queue. The problem was with network, two active wan interfaces, some mails went out through a new one, with other IP, therefore mails apeared to be suspicious for gmail becouse of new IP.