1 (edited by willcrosley 2010-03-02 23:34:56)

Topic: post install issues, all mail being defered [Resolved]

Hey,

Stumbled across iRedMail earlier today while looking for an simple way to implement a postfix server with an ldap backend...

I have hit a problem however, shortly after install..

Clean install of Ubuntu 9.04 (+ updates).

Install of IRedMail was smooth, didnt notice any errors at any stage. Everything seems to be working, I an authenticate, redcube works fine... There was a problem where it appeared IPtables was blocking port 25, but a reboot cleared this...

However, all inbound mail is being defered.

mail logs show;

Feb 26 21:45:11 moros postfix/smtp[24318]: E59FF18A13E0: to=<test@*domainremoved*>, relay=none, delay=1086, delays=1086/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)

sending via telnet says:
rcpt to:test@*domainremoved*
450 4.7.1 <test@*domainremoved*: Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.

I did some digging, and it appears that amavis is refusing to start, I presume (semieducated guess) that this is the reason for the mail being refused...

starting amavis (with root) results in;

will@moros:~# /etc/init.d/amavis start
Starting amavisd: Can't read /dev/null  [Permission denied] at /usr/share/perl5/Net/Server.pm line 284.
(failed).
will@moros:~#

I've done some googling (and searched this forum) and havnt got very far.. I've no experience with amavis or anything related (clam, spamassasin, etc etc etc) - it turns out my postfix experience is reasonably limited after all :)

Am i missing anything obvious?

Id appreciate any help/pointers that anyone has to offer :)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by shake 2010-02-27 20:23:06)

Re: post install issues, all mail being defered [Resolved]

connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused

amavised service not start. you can start it .

# /etc/init.d/amavis restart

Thanks shake,

unfortunatly, as per my first post;

starting amavis (with root) results in;

will@moros:~# /etc/init.d/amavis start
Starting amavisd: Can't read /dev/null  [Permission denied] at /usr/share/perl5/Net/Server.pm line 284.
(failed).
will@moros:~#

What's the file permission of /dev/null?

/dev/nul is 0600 at the moment. changing this to 666 enables me to start both amavis and clam-daemon, which resolves the mail issue. rebooting the server resets it back to 0600 - but this is clearly an Ubuntu issue (bizzare too, it was a clean install).

Thanks guys! smile