Topic: migrating to iredmail

Hi all,

I am currently using Courier with Mysql in custom directory "MailDir" /var/Mail/

I was planning to migrate to iredmail with MySQL support. I tried a plain install to check the directory structure and other things, its pretty much fast deploy-able and nice features but,  with iRedMail /var/Mail  custom directory turned out to be /var/Mailvmail1/test.com/p/o/s/postmaster-2012.11.02.15.50.49/ (with postmaster as default user).

What is the best practice to migrate from courier mail/MySQL to iredmail/postfix/mysql without loosing (mail and users).

Please suggest.
tikejhya

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: migrating to iredmail

• iRedMail stores MD5 passwords for MySQL/PostgreSQL backend (SSHA for OpenLDAP). Refer to our MYSQL template for more details: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … mail.mysql

• It uses maildir format mailboxes. As far as i know, Courier uses maildir too, that means you can simply copy old mailboxes to iRedMail server -- with correct maildir path. e.g. /var/vmail/vmail1/test.com/p/o/s/postmaster-2012.11.01.15.50.49/Maildir/.

Hope it helps.

Don't hesitate to post your questions/issues here. smile

Hey ZhangHuangbin,

Thanks for the quick response. I would like to know few things before i make bold move. ))

i need to migrate 350 email id's and 8-9 domains, is there any better way of creating migrating.

I would like to know if i can create user in command line or mysql which could create Maildir (this could help me writing script which could do that and using similar custom script i could get all existing emailbox's email across. )

few things i am wondering about is, to create those 300+ email id, and corresponding /x/x/x/xxx-date/ (this date specific looking mailbox.)

Regards
Tiekjhya

tikejhya wrote:

I would like to know if i can create user in command line or mysql which could create Maildir (this could help me writing script which could do that and using similar custom script i could get all existing emailbox's email across. )
few things i am wondering about is, to create those 300+ email id, and corresponding /x/x/x/xxx-date/ (this date specific looking mailbox.)

Please check shipped script in iRedMail: iRedMail-0.8.3/tools/create_mail_user_sql.sh.
You can use format "domain.com/username/" instead of default 'domain.com/u/s/e/username-date/' with this script.

Please how do I get this script running create_mail_user_Mysql.sh to use text file which hold a list of username, password?