1 (edited by ubutux 2014-03-25 00:17:26)

Topic: BackupMX holding mail

I have my server set as a backupmx for  a domain, I get some emails bouncing with the error unknown user but  I also see other email sitting on the server even though the primary email server is back online, how can i deliver the email sitting on the server for the backed up  domain to the primary server? also is there another setting that needs to be made to allow the backupmx server to recieve all email for that domain until the primary server comes back online . Thanks 

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail 2.1.1 :
- Store mail accounts in which backend -  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0.9
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: BackupMX holding mail

So sorry about this trouble. BackupMX on iRedMail is broken, please don't use iRedMail as backup mx until we fixed it.

3 (edited by ubutux 2014-03-26 22:34:29)

Thanks for the reply , when the backupmx is working normally what is the time frame before mail is delivered once the primary server is back online ? as some of the mail less than 7 days old is not listed on the server now .
When do you think the problem will be corrected with the backupmx issue . Thanks

ubutux wrote:

when the backupmx is working normally what is the time frame before mail is delivered once the primary server is back online ?

It's controlled by Postfix. I didn't see it mentioned in Postfix document below, so i suggest you to ask in Postfix mailing list instead: http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … cess_limit

ubutux wrote:

When do you think the problem will be corrected with the backupmx issue . Thanks

Will try to solve it in future release of iRedMail, but cannot promise when.

I think as a temp solution can be: to set a iRedMail as a relay server to your primary without Relay/Transport Setting checking.
The BackupMX setting must be off.