Topic: Spamassasin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I want to send the Spam to the Spam folder in Roundcube, and have the possibility to release in iRedAdmin too.
It's possible to have this feature ?
I found the Store SpamAssassin Bayes In SQL wiki, but say don't use in production, and don't know if apply to the current versions.
Regards

Demian

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spamassasin

Be aware that the emails that you can release in IredAdmin are the ones that spamassasin blocks and doesn't let in on the user mailbox

Regarding the bayes. Use it at will. I'va done it in a production server and found no probs.

depearg wrote:

I want to send the Spam to the Spam folder in Roundcube, and have the possibility to release in iRedAdmin too.

If spam was delivered to mailbox, why do we need to release it in iRedAdmin-Pro?

The better way is, quarantining spam to SQL database without delivering to user's mailbox, then manage (release/delete) it with iRedAdmin-Pro.

4 (edited by depearg 2014-03-30 03:06:01)

I Zhang,
I am installing a new mail server for a client, and see 2 possible problems.
1) If some importante email is stored in SQL database and the admin don't check the iRedAdminPro, after 1 week the spam is deleted.
2) If Spam is stored in Junk folder, and the clients use only pop3 clients, and never enter in Roundcube to see if have some mislabeled spam mail (like with gmail) they will think the system don't work because don't receive some important mails.

I am trying to setup a solution with minimum administration tasks.

So thinking about alternatives.

depearg wrote:

1) If some importante email is stored in SQL database and the admin don't check the iRedAdminPro, after 1 week the spam is deleted.

Looks like you have daily cron job to delete quarantined email. To keep it longer, e.g. 14 days, please append below parameter in iRedAdmin-Pro config file (settings.py):

AMAVISD_REMOVE_QUARANTINED_IN_DAYS = 14

NOTE: You can find more default settings in iRedAdmin-Pro file libs/default_settings.py.

depearg wrote:

2) If Spam is stored in Junk folder, and the clients use only pop3 clients, and never enter in Roundcube to see if have some mislabeled spam mail (like with gmail) they will think the system don't work because don't receive some important mails.

iRedMail doesn't deliver spam to Junk folder by default. So it must be configured some admin. Check Dovecot config file to see whether or not it has a global sieve script to deliver spam to Junk folder.

depearg wrote:

IMO, I'm afraid that it's hard to get what you want without any tweaks. and iRedMail should be the closest one.

depearg wrote:

I Zhang,
I am installing a new mail server for a client, and see 2 possible problems.

If, for you, receiving more spam is a fair trade off for avoid missing a false positive detetion getting stuck in SQL I would suggest raise the tag_kill score of amavisd to something like 10. That way only emails with a spam score above 10 would be blocked in SQL. From my experience with spam, there are no false positives with a 10 score.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail doesn't deliver spam to Junk folder by default. So it must be configured some admin. Check Dovecot config file to see whether or not it has a global sieve script to deliver spam to Junk folder.

I guess Roundcube comes with a default sieve skript that moves Spam to a SPAM/Junk-Folder. So probably when a user logged in to Roundcube once this behaviour can be seen until the the filter is changed or disabled.

Jochen wrote:

I guess Roundcube comes with a default sieve skript that moves Spam to a SPAM/Junk-Folder. So probably when a user logged in to Roundcube once this behaviour can be seen until the the filter is changed or disabled.

This sample sieve script is provided by iRedMail, and it's disabled by default.