1 (edited by ivuzunov 2014-04-18 01:25:58)

Topic: 1.7.0 - 1.8.1 Upgrade question

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi

I am running old iRedMail-Pro-MySQL (1.7.0) installation and decided to upgrade all daemons to latest version. First i upgraded OS from 6.4 to 6.5, and tried it to upgrade to latest Pro version (1.8.1). If i understand correct this is not working becase 1.8.1 using "cluebringer" instead of policyd 1.8. So just to clarify what are the needed steps for this upgrade.

1. Upgrade iredmail to from 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 this means
- upgrade roundcube from my current version (0.7.2) to latest version (0.9.5)
- Upgrade iRedAPD (Postfix policy server) to the latest 1.4.2  (Do i need this step ? )
- migration from policyd 1.8 to cluebringer ? (Didn't find migrate tutorial ?)

2. Upgrade 1.7.0 to 1.8.1

My actual question is can i use 1.8.x versions without using cluebringer ? and continue to use my old policyd 1.8 daemon or i need to do this upgrade because next versions of iRedAdmin-MySQL will use cluebringer from now on ?

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 1.7.0 - 1.8.1 Upgrade question

ivuzunov wrote:

1. Upgrade iredmail to from 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 this means

Please follow our upgrade tutorials here: http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

ivuzunov wrote:

2. Upgrade 1.7.0 to 1.8.1

After upgraded iRedMail to the latest 0.8.6, you can upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro from 1.7.0 to the latest 1.8.1 directly.
iRedAdmin-Pro works with both Policyd and Cluebringer. So you can continue running Policyd.