- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
iredmail version is 0.8.6
mail stored in mysql
ubuntu 12.4

this is my second time with iredmail, the first being with ubuntu 11, and remail 0.8.3 (about a year ago) it install with no problems, due to the server being damaged i have had to start over, my question, did i miss something or why is english NOT the default language when you bring up the web admin panel?
i love the program but i hate editing files!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: english

keithone wrote:

did i miss something or why is english NOT the default language when you bring up the web admin panel?

iRedMail uses English as default language, and doesn't touch application config file to change it.

I have now done three install from scratch including wiping the disk reinstalling ubuntu and iRedMail when I bring up the admin screen my default language is "pycknn" I can select english but it immediately returns to "pycknn" how do I fix it? Thanks, Keith

Looks like a bug in iRedAdmin (open source edition) we fixed weeks ago. It's fine in upcoming release.

Do you have a estimated date of the next release? Thanks in advance.

Soon. In less than 2 weeks.

Upcoming release of iRedMail fully works with Ubuntu 14.04, and i'm waiting for OpenBSD 5.5.

i am holding up the show, how close are we to the next version, if you think it is near safe i would take the beta version, send me a link, thanks keith

We have iRedMail and upgrade tutorial ready for release. If you cannot wait for the final release, check out the source code directly:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail

i am so disappointed, i just finished loading the latest version, 0.8.7 the problem still exist, it was implied that this would be fixed in the version after 0.8.6 any ideas, keith

keithone wrote:

I have now done three install from scratch including wiping the disk reinstalling ubuntu and iRedMail when I bring up the admin screen my default language is "pycknn" I can select english but it immediately returns to "pycknn" how do I fix it? Thanks, Keith

I'm confused.

Is the user interface English or Pycknn? Or just the drop-down list shows 'Pycknn'? I can confirm this is a bug in iRedAdmin open source edition, and fixed moment ago:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredadmin-ose … 9559dcf638

iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't have this issue.

yes it says pycknn, the text appears as english, but dropdown menu will not let you change language also looked at the fix and i am unclear where that has to be edited, know enough about linux to be dangerous, but usually get the job done, thanks
another clue probably related you can enter you login information but it comes back as wrong login

*) You can download this file: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredadmin-ose … redbase.py
*) Then override file /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/libs/iredbase.py.

keithone wrote:

another clue probably related you can enter you login information but it comes back as wrong login

Works as designed, it's a temporary setting in Login page, you can change language in "Preference" page after logged in.

Looks like many iRedAdmin users want it to be changed after logged in, i will fix it in next release.

thanks it worked, and thanks for taking the time.
i have a new question which i will post