Topic: How do you setup iredmail on a subdomain e.g. mail.mydomain.com

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====I would like to setup iredmail on a subdomain for example mail.mydomain.com instead of mydomain.com/iredmail, what are the necessary steps for me to set this up. I already have set my MX record t mail.mydomain.com on my domain registrar.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How do you setup iredmail on a subdomain e.g. mail.mydomain.com

1: Set a proper server hostname. e.g. mx.mydomain.com. WARNING: don't be the same as the mail domain name you want to use for email (according to your description, it's mail.mydomain.com in your case).
2: Setup iRedMail by following our installation guide. http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html Add first mail domain 'mail.mydomain.com' during iRedMail installation.
3: Set proper DNS records for your mail domain and server hostname. e.g. A/MX records, and SPF + DKIM records for mail domain (it's mentioned in iRedMail installation guide).
4: That's all.

3 (edited by chrisijoyah 2014-04-28 23:32:20)

Ok, to tell you hat I have so far, I have created a virtual host ireadmail.mydomain.com how do i point ireadmail to that, I have also removed the SSL alias so that it doesnt go to mydomain.com/iredadmin
Im my virtual host file for iredmail.mydomain.com where do i point the Document Root too, im not too sure its the same standard setup as they are python files?

can i change the /etc/apache2/conf.d/iredadmin.conf to:

WSGISocketPrefix /var/run/wsgi
WSGIDaemonProcess iredadmin user=iredadmin threads=15
WSGIProcessGroup iredadmin

AddType text/html .py

ServerName iredmail.mydomain.com

<Directory /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>

chrisijoyah wrote:

I have created a virtual host ireadmail.mydomain.com how do i point ireadmail to that

It's better to contact your DNS provider.

chrisijoyah wrote:

ServerName iredmail.mydomain.com

You should add/update virtual host in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/*, not in /etc/apache2/conf.d/*.