1 (edited by denede 2014-05-08 15:37:17)

Topic: Can't receive mail, again, but can send

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found this is on gmail, and on yahoo i get No MX or A records for domain.org
====

edit: did some tweaking and now i get

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

webmaster@blackcountryrock.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain blackcountryrock.org by mx-biz.mail.am0.yahoodns.net. [98.139.171.245].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 relaying denied for <webmaster@blackcountryrock.org>

Yahoodns? problem may be from the domain registrar?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't receive mail, again, but can send

Did you try to send email from Gmail to 'blackcountryrock.org'?

I checked MX record of 'blackcountryrock.org', it is pointed to 'mx-biz.mail.am0.yahoodns.net'. Is it hosted by 'yahoodns.net'? Or, you're using a wrong MX record?

3 (edited by denede 2014-05-09 00:18:29)

i tried to send mail from gmail and yahoo to webmaster@blackcountryrock.org
The dedicated server is from hostgator.
I didn't set the domain, that's why i'm surprised about the yahoodns nameservers.
Basically someone just handed me a dedicated server and his domain and told me to install a mail server so that he can get the SSL activation link because they only send to domain based mails.
I've checked the server dns and they are different and I believe I need to change them on the domain also.
As soon as he gets online will ask access to the domain control panel and will try to fix this and update the post:)
Everything works fine, except this little thing.

4 (edited by denede 2014-05-19 05:18:32)

Made it work. Very smooth smile

Glad to hear that.
Would you mind sharing what the real problem is? incorrect DNS records?

6 (edited by denede 2014-05-19 12:13:47)

Yahoo DNS didn't allowed incoming mail, only outgoing. So i've changed the MX with my servers instead of yahoo's and everything fixed so nicely. smile
It is not a problem, but how do I make so that instead noreply@domain.tld to appear some name of the e-mail address ?
In Iredadmin I have set the Display Name but in inbox on every account (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc) it just shows the address instead of the name.

denede wrote:

It is not a problem, but how do I make so that instead noreply@domain.tld to appear some name of the e-mail address ?

Set proper name in your mail client applications (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc).

denede wrote:

In Iredadmin I have set the Display Name but in inbox on every account (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc) it just shows the address instead of the name.

It's used in iRedAdmin. Roundcube doesn't query SQL/LDAP to get the name.