Topic: Integrating Mailman into Iredmail v0.8.7 / postgresql

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: v0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5, Linux 3.14.4-x86_64-linode40 on x86_64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: n/a
====

I found an old article in the wiki on how to integrate mailman into debian. figured it would be similar enough that i could follow it. Well, the first SQL command to insert necessary list data was:

INSERT INTO `vmail`.`domain` (`domain`, `description`, `disclaimer`, `aliases`, `mailboxes`, `maxquota`, `quota`, `transport`, `backupmx`, `defaultuserquota`, `defaultuseraliases`, `defaultpasswordscheme`, `minpasswordlength`, `maxpasswordlength`, `created`, `modified`, `expired`, `active`) VALUES ('lists.example.com', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', 'mailman:', '0', '1024', '', '', '0', '0', NOW(), '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '9999-12-31 00:00:00', '1');

First, how to translate this into PGSQL syntax (as it was written for MySQL) (I think I figured out already how to convert it so this is really a secondary concern)?

Second, This statement references tables that were removed as part of the v0.8.7 upgrade; so how do i adjust this to accommodate the recent changes?

Third, there are more SQL steps after this one and going forward to add new lists, etc.... Do you have an overall guide to cover this w/ v0.8.7 iredmail and mailman w/ postgresql? Thanks.

- Fabian S.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Integrating Mailman into Iredmail v0.8.7 / postgresql

Wait a second, I just had an epiphany; would adding that domain and alias info for mailman be as simple as just using iredadmin-pro to insert that data as I would for any new domain i wanted to add to the system?

then i wouldn't need to know the proper sql statements would I?

hmmm, ok.

*) We (iRedMail project/team) don't provide official Mailman integration tutorial. The one listed on http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html is contributed by our user, we don't provide support for it. Please use it on your own.

*) As far as i know, Mailman doesn't support querying data from SQL/LDAP server directly.

Thank you. I've learned that now. It uses it's own alias maps and does not interact with the postgresql server. I got it up & running just using mailman's own postfix integration docs for virtual domains. it works fine. thank you for your input.