Topic: 0.8.7 Upgrade (LMTP)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi

I'm following the 0.8.6 to 0.8.7 upgrade tutorial.

I think that I've completed all the steps successfully now, but what does this step mean (do I have to do anything here)?:
---
To use LMTP as local mail delivery agent, you can use either lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp (local socket) or lmtp:inet:127.0.0.1:24 (network listener). Currently, default mail delivery agent is dovecot (Dovecot LDA). For example:
For OpenLDAP backend, you can set domain transport to LMTP with this attribute/value: mtaTransport=lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
---

And, how do I test that tls and LMTP is active and working (what should I look for and in which log files)?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 0.8.7 Upgrade (LMTP)

LMTP is just an optional LDA program for local mail delivery, you don't need to do anything if you don't need it. And if you don't clearly understand whether or not you need it, then you don't need it right now.

With iRedMail-0.8.7, if you force mail users to use SMTP over TLS (submission), then smtp auth on port 25 will fail.

As I understand it, LMTP has better performance, so I might need it for the future, when I move iRedMail into production (several hundred corporate email users). Or will it only yield better performance with 1000's of mail users?

What I don't understand is this line:
For OpenLDAP backend, you can set domain transport to LMTP with this attribute/value: mtaTransport=lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp

Do I need to do anything here?

It's not clearly described in the upgrade tutorial.

OK, so I had to open phpldapadmin and under the 'domainName' object change the 'mtaTransport' attribute.

I found it by chance - so I hope you will update the upgrade tutorial to include this info, for easier reference.