1 (edited by Me.B 2014-05-28 15:49:41)

Topic: Change IredMail default DB

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: latest
====

Hi,

Before posting this I searched the forum and found the tip

https://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki … ation_Tips

Over using existing MySQL server. This is OK BUT I want to change default iredmail DB from Vmail.

I checked the installer and found that vmail is hardcoded everywhere... I would change the postfix vacation/alias/conf. But there is a lot.

Is it possible to set it as variable? Even not offering to change thru installer choices but manually?

Why? I want to plug Iredmail stack/config into ZpanelCP and keep both working, zpanel would be used as main control panel, while IredMail here offer a better postfix config/stack. The alternative would be to merge most of iRedMail tuning into zpanel stack directly... We still lack amavis/spam assassin/PolicyD integration. It's a GPL project FOSS.

Great work guys and we at zpanel we try our best too and know it's not easy to push up good software.

Also I noticed that Iredmail don't provide mobile stack for syncML did you try z-push? OR tested such stacks?

M B

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change IredMail default DB

It's set in a global variable 'VMAIL_DB' in file conf/global:

export VMAIL_DB='vmail'

Me.B wrote:

Great work guys and we at zpanel we try our best too and know it's not easy to push up good software.

Are you developer of zpanel?

Me.B wrote:

Also I noticed that Iredmail don't provide mobile stack for syncML did you try z-push? OR tested such stacks?

I know this software, but didn't try it yet.

4 (edited by Me.B 2014-05-29 04:52:47)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Me.B wrote:

Are you developer of zpanel?

Me.B wrote:

I know this software, but didn't try it yet.

Hi,

I'm in Zpanel developers/support team. More in charge of installers currently and thus my interest to improve zpanel mail stack. The main developers are bobby and motters who are in charge of the core behind it.

Tested z-push setup not so hard but I saw compatibility is a bit limited...

Our thread over this:

http://forums.zpanelcp.com/Thread-Push- … -by-Z-push

Thanks for the reply I will check DB hack and let's see..

M B