Topic: Problems receiving email

Hi All,

I've just installed iRedMail in an Ubuntu 8.04 virtual machine running in virtualbox. Everything seems to be ok apart of the fact that I cannot receive email from outside, gmail, yahoo....
I managed to email my gmail account and also I'm able to access the email client form outside.

Any idea where I should start looking for the problem?

thanks in advance

PS

Thanks for the script. It's amazing smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problems receiving email

Do you setup the DNS records of the domain you hosted?
If A, MX records are not setup correctly, other mail servers maybe reject your mail.

Yes I did it, and I think that they are right as they are the same values that I used with a previous working instance of Zimbra Server.

A record points to my home server. I have a dynamic ip and the server use the ddclient (zoneedit) to update this information
Regarding the MX record mail.my-domain.co.uk points to mydomain.co.uk

I've checked also my router and ports are correctly forwarded.

Also, thanks for your reply

when you outside, try to

telnet mail.mydomain.co.uk 25

check whether working?

-- SOLVED --
and I haven't done anything smile

It was strange. I received the email below in my gmail account and 10 minutes later the email server was working. I was happily spamming all my friends and family smile

Thaks for your help.

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <www@lucanuscervus.co.uk>: Relay access denied (state 14).

It's really strange.
It seems you make greylisting enabled by default, so your mails were delayed. It's correct.

But i'm confused why google said it's a permanent failure. sad