- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I basically have the same problem I found here: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic3217 … fused.html

Except that the solution there is out of date and does not help. Everything was fine on my system until I installed a webmin module to try to control ClamAV, then everything went to hell and now I can't send or receive mail, and I am pretty sure it is because policyd is not started and WILL NOT start. When I try to start it, I get the following:

sudo /etc/init.d/postfix-cluebringer start
* Starting postfix policy daemon cluebringer                                                                                                        Failed to open /etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf: Permission denied at /usr/sbin/cbpolicyd line 99.
Failed to open config file '/etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf':  at /usr/sbin/cbpolicyd line 99.
                                                                                                                                              [fail]

I have tried rebooting the server, I have tried changing permissions on a couple of files (but I am not really sure what to change).

Please help!! Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Policyd won't start!

AND of course...5 seconds after I wrote this I tried one last thing that worked. Hopefully this will help someone else in the same situation: I did the following:

cd to /etc/cluebringer
chown cluebringer:root cluebringer.conf

How it ever got changed or was wrong in the first place is totally beyond me.