Topic: moving iRedMail installation from Ubuntu to Debian
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.5 i386
- Related log if you're reporting an issue
I previously posted regarding installing iRedMail on Debian 7.5. Problem has been resolved and am now attempting to backup the entire iRedMail configuration from my previous installation on Ubuntu and get it imported into the newer installation on Debian.
I performed the backup in this manner:
1. used /root/iRedMail/tools/backup_MySQL.sh to do the backup of the databases
2. backed up everything in the /var/vmail/ directory
3. backed up everything in the /etc/postfix/mysql directory
4. backed up /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf file
Attempted to restore by:
1. using phpMyAdmin to restore the databases
2. replaced the /var/vmail/ directory contents with the earlier backup
3. replaced the /etc/postfix/mysql directory contents with the earlier backup
4. replaced the /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf file
I guess I must be missing one or more items or did something incorrectly because:
When I attempt to log in to roundcube mail, I get the following message (instead of the login screen):
DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED! Unable to connect to the database! Please contact your server-administrator
In an attempt to rectify the above, I copied over the contents of /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-1.0.1/config (from the older installation into the newer installation)
Now I get this message instead:
config.inc.php was not found.
Please read the INSTALL instructions!
Any help is much appreciated!