1 (edited by mbsouth 2009-06-12 15:03:03)

Topic: Postfix/Dovecot passwords

Hi all!

I´ve running a Postfix 2.3 /Dovecot 1.0 system on Debian Lenny, no !Postfixadmin!. Since, I created my own database shema like the ISP toutorial at http://www.workaround.org.

Passwords are stored as MD5 hash (more about 4000 mailboxes).

I want to upgrade to postfix 2.5 and Dovecot 1.1 and Postfixadmin with iRedMail.

My 1st Q. is:
How are passwords stored in Postfixadmins database using iRedMail -> plain text, other  or MD5?
(I´ve to import the old user-data into the new db)

2nd Q.:
Is it possible to reconfigure Postfix/Dovecot after iRedMail installation to store password as MD5 hash without problems (later updates etc)?

3th Q.:
Is it possible to install iRedMail as simple ISP styled MAILSERVER without Apache, PHP, phpMyAdmin, awStats and Roundcube. Just mail components!

Apache, PHP, phpMyAdmin, awStats and Roundcube should be installed on a second server -> webserver.

Thx mbsouth

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postfix/Dovecot passwords

mbsouth wrote:

My 1st Q. is:
How are passwords stored in Postfixadmins database using iRedMail -> plain text, other  or MD5?
(I´ve to import the old user-data into the new db)

MD5 by default (in MySQL backend).

2nd Q.:
Is it possible to reconfigure Postfix/Dovecot after iRedMail installation to store password as MD5 hash without problems (later updates etc)?

Of course you can.

3th Q.:
Is it possible to install iRedMail as simple ISP styled MAILSERVER without Apache, PHP, phpMyAdmin, awStats and Roundcube. Just mail components!

Short answer: YES.

two ways:

• Install iRedMail in a normail way, and then delete components you don't want.

• Remove/Comment the component package names in /path/to/iRedMail-x.y.z/functions/packages.sh, so that iRedMail won't install this component, and then set 'export status_FUNCTION_NAME="DONE"' in /path/to/iRedMail-x.y.z/.iRedMail.installation.status before you start installation, and iRedMail will skip runing these functions. FUNCTION_NAME here is function name which defined in iRedMail-x.y.z/functions/*.sh files, such as:

# File: /path/to/iRedMail-x.y.z/.iRedMail.installation.status
export status_apache_php_config='DONE'

It will skip runing function apache_php_config() which defined in functions/apache_php.sh, it means iRedMail won't config apache & php for you.

Tip: you can find all functions defined in functions/*.sh like this:

$ cd /path/to/iRedMail-x.y.z/
$ grep -Eir '^[a-z].*\(\)$' functions/* | grep -v '.svn' | grep -v ' '

PS: phpMyAdmin, awStats and Roundcube are already optional components.

Note: due to the different mysql template/ldap schema you used, there's no primise for success migration/upgrade, but feel free to post issues you met here smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Note: due to the different mysql template/ldap schema you used, there's no primise for success migration/upgrade, but feel free to post issues you met here

Thats true!
What I need is user- / domainnames , quotas, passwords (MD5), email addresses ;-)), aliases, vacations etc.
So I want to export data with sql statements which give the right data(format) for the new db. On worst case I`ll create temp. rows (new db) and import old data with rs-IDs from the old db. This way I be able to use where - clauses tho get right data in.

mbsouth