Topic: Two Domains

Hello Zhang,

I have decided to have my own mailserver - iRedmail.

I have two new domains. The primary one is my-domain.com, for instance. But I have also purchased mydomain.com also (without hyphen), to avoid cybersquatting. So I want to configure my-domain.com during the iRedmail installation, as it is my primary domain. I need mailbox for abc@my-domain.com. And I want mydomain.com also point to the same. I mean if someone send an email to abc@mydomain.com, it should reach abc@my-domain.com. So abc@mydomain.com is just a forwarding email address. I don't want a mailbox for abc@mydomain.com, but just forwarding.

How can I achieve this ? Do I have to make any changes in the First Virtual Domain Name ?
http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmail_on_debian.html

Please suggest. Thanks.

I believe the webserver (apache) part can be taken care separately.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Two Domains

You need an alias domain for your primary domain (my-domain.com). You can achieve this easily with iRedAdmin-Pro, screenshot attached.

You didn't show us basic info of your iRedMail server, it's hard for me to provide further assistant. Please ALWAYS show below info in your NEW forum topics, every one.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): 
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: 
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: 
====

http://www.iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/domain_profile_alias.png

- iRedMail version: The latest version available
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian / Wheezy

Zhang,

I don't have funds right now to pay for iRedAdmin-Pro at the moment. I can think about it in the future. So Is it possible achieve this with out the iRedAdmin-Pro web interface ? Can I do the changes manually ?

Thanks.

Sure, you can add an alias domain in SQL table "vmail.alias_domain", that's it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Yes, I have seen your reply in another thread. So I need to give only one domain (my-domain.com), which is my primary domain, in the First Virtual Domain Name and after the iRedmail installation is complete, add an alias domain (mydomain.com). Correct ?

Yes.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Yes.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Zhang,

This works fine. But the problem is that it automatically bypasses the greylisting, when I send an email to the alias domain xyz@mydomain.com. But the greylisting works fine when I send an email to the actual domain xyz@my-domain.com. (which is the configured First Virtual Domain).

How can I fix this ? How can I have greylisting enabled for the alias_domain too ?

thanks.

Zhang,

Could you please reply ?

Thanks.